College football bowl schedule - pick 'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
    Florida and LSU were very disappointing. Mississippi State shouldn't count, they didn't even deserve a bowl all their wins came from weak opponents.
    LSU I can understand. Clemson is a good team that, for whatever reason, was a little disappointing in the regular season.

Louisville though flat out manhandled Florida. That was a complete shocker. It wasn't as close as the final scored showed as Florida scored late to make it a 10-point margin. That just might be the upset of the entire bowl line-up.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I was not that surprised by Florida's loss. Their offense is about non-existent. What was surprising to me was how soft their secondary played in that game.

Oh and Bob 3-3 is better than 2-5.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
        I was not that surprised by Florida's loss. Their offense is about non-existent. What was surprising to me was how soft their secondary played in that game.

Florida seemed completely unprepared. I don't think any conference has a record better than a win over .500 so far
        “Come and take it!"

Comment

The only people that were shocked by Louisville's win over Florida were folks who had'nt seen them play.
          I've watched all but one of their games this season and wasnt at all surprised that they beat Florida.
          My only regret is that I didnt bet the farm on it.
          For if I had I could now have 3 or 4 farms.

John
          The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
          It's truly a simple concept.
          Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

Originally posted by LeanotLee View Post
            The only people that were shocked by Louisville's win over Florida were folks who had'nt seen them play.
            I've watched all but one of their games this season and wasnt at all surprised that they beat Florida.
            My only regret is that I didnt bet the farm on it.
            For if I had I could now have 3 or 4 farms.

John
            I thought Florida was over rated from the first BCS poll. The AP had it closer to right, as they usually do. Louisville really put out a good effort. I wonder if this year's championship game will once again be the worst of the BCS bowls?
            "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post

Yes it is however I wasn't the one chanting Big 10, Big 10, Big 10. Two of the SEC's best teams got beat and one wasn't even close. You would think that the "premier" conference would have a better record after 6 games.

Comment

Alabama is going to blow Notre Dame right off the field. Alabama did lose one game but that was a team that had a Heisman winning quarterback. Notre Dame barely beat BYU and Pittsburgh.

If college football ran their post season like college basketball most of these football teams wouldn't even make the NIT.
                “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
                  Alabama is going to blow Notre Dame right off the field. Alabama did lose one game but that was a team that had a Heisman winning quarterback. Notre Dame barely beat BYU and Pittsburgh.

If college football ran their post season like college basketball most of these football teams wouldn't even make the NIT.
                  You're probably right but I'll refer you to 2002 Ohio State vs. Miami (Fla.) (game was played in 2003) The same thing was said. OSU squeaked by a bunch of mediocre teams while Miami played the tougher schedule and blew people away. And yet...OSU won. ND reminds me of that OSU team so much that it's weird.

If ND can keep it close until half-time, then I think they'll pull it out.

Just my opinion. Which really doesn't mean much considering that my bowl picks have been down right terrible. So far.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                    A lackluster 3-3 so far.
                    pretty good example of the law of averages,
                    when you consider half the teams in the SEC are in the bowls
                    and that there is a 50% chance of winning
                    and 50 % of the teams won..
                    Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

17-13 overall heading into tonight's game. Good thing I didn't put money down...
                      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

One never knows when a team has a long layoff too.
                        I as of today, am 18-14 I believe what my son said.
                        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KICK View Post
                          pretty good example of the law of averages,
                          when you consider half the teams in the SEC are in the bowls
                          and that there is a 50% chance of winning
                          and 50 % of the teams won..
                          the SEC is 5-3 at this point with a chance of going 6-3 with a national title and a Heisman trophy winner in the conference. Pretty dominant.
                          “Come and take it!"

Comment

AH HA! I am about to be 20-14. Maybe I should pick College more?
                            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                              AH HA! I am about to be 20-14. Maybe I should pick College more?
                              Is SEC dominance safe to assume at this point? 6-3 in bowl games. Mythical National Championship (7 straight) and a Heisman trophy winner.
                              “Come and take it!"

Comment

Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
                                Is SEC dominance safe to assume at this point? 6-3 in bowl games. Mythical National Championship (7 straight) and a Heisman trophy winner.
                                Yep. Fair is fair. The SEC came through at the end. And Alabama dominated ND. It wasn't close. At all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X