No announcement yet.

College football bowl schedule - pick 'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am. I love beef. But I just ate. So I'm not hungry. I also snuck a bunch of chocolate chip cookies too.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If you're talking cookies I'm in! I've got a huge sweet tooth and a metabolism like a humming bird.
      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

All it does for me is make me hyper.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
          Why do you hate the SEC? SEC country is where its at! I think after Wisconsin put up 70 on Nebraska, I cannot see them beating Georgia, whom I believe is the 3rd or 4th best team in the nation.
          But you don't live in SEC country. It says Virginia by your name. Virginia is ACC country.

I've never liked the SEC. They seem to get away with more cheating than any other conference in the country. Ohio State got nailed for rules violation and had to vacate wins and endure a postseason ban this year. USC got nailed for Reggie Bush's shenanigans and paid a stiff price. Where's Auburn's penalty for Cam Newton?

And there's a deeper reason for my dislike. It took until the 1970s for the last SEC team to start letting black players play. I'm old enough to remember that crap. And what's with Ole Miss still be called the Rebels? And flying the rebel flag? How any African-American athlete can play for them escapes me.

There's no denying that their teams play the best football in the country. From top to bottom they're easily the strongest conference. Doesn't mean I have to like them.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
            But you don't live in SEC country. It says Virginia by your name. Virginia is ACC country.

I've never liked the SEC. They seem to get away with more cheating than any other conference in the country. Ohio State got nailed for rules violation and had to vacate wins and endure a postseason ban this year. USC got nailed for Reggie Bush's shenanigans and paid a stiff price. Where's Auburn's penalty for Cam Newton?

And there's a deeper reason for my dislike. It took until the 1970s for the last SEC team to start letting black players play. I'm old enough to remember that crap. And what's with Ole Miss still be called the Rebels? And flying the rebel flag? How any African-American athlete can play for them escapes me.

There's no denying that their teams play the best football in the country. From top to bottom they're easily the strongest conference. Doesn't mean I have to like them.
            Amen, and a double amen on the bold parts!

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by LeanotLee View Post
              Too many Bowl Games!!
              I mean...who cares who wins "The GoDaddy.com Bowl???
              And about 25 others, Too!

John
              Yep! As a kid the bowls were rewards for performance. Now 90% or more are simply cash cows for local chambers of commerce.

5 and 6 loss teams in bowls? Sounds like they need to spend the time recruiting not playing!

Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post

I go to Texas A&M so yes SEC country. I actually went to the Ole Miss game and they technically changed their mascot to some black bear. I personally like the Rebels and don't view it as racial at all.
                “Come and take it!"

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                  Yep! As a kid the bowls were rewards for performance. Now 90% or more are simply cash cows for local chambers of commerce.

5 and 6 loss teams in bowls? Sounds like they need to spend the time recruiting not playing!

Regards,
                  Dennis
                  Look at conference realignment. Much of that is for the money, sad to see one of the more pure sports turn into a business.
                  “Come and take it!"

Comment

GILDAN NEW MEXICO BOWL - Nevada vs. Arizona

FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL - Toledo vs. Utah State

BEEF 'O' BRADY'S BOWL ST. PETERSBURG - Central Florida vs. Ball St.

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia - BYU vs. San Diego St.

R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL - E. Carolina vs. UL-Lafayette

MAACO BOWL LAS VEGAS - Washington vs. Boise St.

SHERATON HAWAII BOWL - Fresno St. vs SMU

LITTLE CAESARS BOWL - Western Kentucky vs. Central Michigan

Military Bowl -- Pres. By Northrop Grumman - San Jose St. vs. Bowling Green

BELK BOWL - Cincy vs. Duke

BRIDGEPOINT EDUCATION HOLIDAY BOWL - Baylor vs. UCLA

AdvoCare V100 INDEPENDENCE BOWL - Ohio vs. UL-Monroe

RUSSELL ATHLETIC BOWL - Rutgers vs. Virginia Tech

MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL OF TEXAS - Minnesota vs. Texas Tech

BELL HELICOPTER ARMED FORCES BOWL - Rice vs. Air Force

NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL - West Virginia vs. Syracuse

KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER BOWL - Navy vs. Arizona St.

VALERO ALAMO BOWL - Texas vs. Oregon St.

BUFFALO WILD WINGS BOWL - TCU vs. Michigan St.

Franklin American Mortgage Music City - Vandy vs. NC St.

HYUNDAI SUN BOWL - USC vs. Georgia Tech

AutoZone LIBERTY BOWL - Iowa St. vs. Tulsa

Chick-fil-A BOWL - LSU vs. Clemson

TAXSLAYER.com GATOR BOWL - Miss. St. vs. Northwestern

HEART OF DALLAS BOWL - Purdue vs. Oklahoma St.

CAPITAL ONE BOWL - Georgia vs. Nebraska

OUTBACK BOWL - South Carolina vs. Michigan

ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY VIZIO - Wisconsin vs. Stanford

DISCOVER ORANGE BOWL - Northern Ill. vs. Florida St.

ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL - Louisville vs. Florida

TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL - Oregon vs. Kansas St.

AT&T COTTON BOWL - Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma

BBVA COMPASS BOWL - Pitt. vs. Ole Miss

GODADDY.com BOWL - Kent St. vs. Ark. St.

DISCOVER BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Alabama vs. Notre Dame

and VSU to win DII

Comment

Game results - winners in bold

GILDAN NEW MEXICO BOWL - Nevada vs. Arizona

FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL
                      - Toledo vs. Utah State

BEEF 'O' BRADY'S BOWL ST. PETERSBURG
                      - Central Florida vs. Ball St.

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia - BYU vs. San Diego St.

R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL - E. Carolina vs. UL-Lafayette

MAACO BOWL LAS VEGAS - Washington vs. Boise St.

SHERATON HAWAII BOWL - Fresno St. vs SMU

LITTLE CAESARS BOWL - Western Kentucky vs. Central Michigan

Military Bowl -- Pres. By Northrop Grumman - San Jose St. vs. Bowling Green

BELK BOWL - Cincy vs. Duke

BRIDGEPOINT EDUCATION HOLIDAY BOWL - Baylor vs. UCLA

AdvoCare V100 INDEPENDENCE BOWL - Ohio vs. UL-Monroe

RUSSELL ATHLETIC BOWL - Rutgers vs. Virginia Tech

MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL OF TEXAS - Minnesota vs. Texas Tech

BELL HELICOPTER ARMED FORCES BOWL - Rice vs. Air Force

NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL - West Virginia vs. Syracuse

KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER BOWL - Navy vs. Arizona St.

VALERO ALAMO BOWL - Texas vs. Oregon St.

BUFFALO WILD WINGS BOWL - TCU vs. Michigan St.

Franklin American Mortgage Music City - Vandy vs. NC St.

HYUNDAI SUN BOWL - USC vs. Georgia Tech

AutoZone LIBERTY BOWL - Iowa St. vs. Tulsa

Chick-fil-A BOWL - LSU vs. Clemson

TAXSLAYER.com GATOR BOWL - Miss. St. vs. Northwestern

HEART OF DALLAS BOWL - Purdue vs. Oklahoma St.

CAPITAL ONE BOWL - Georgia vs. Nebraska

OUTBACK BOWL - South Carolina vs. Michigan

ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY VIZIO - Wisconsin vs. Stanford

DISCOVER ORANGE BOWL - Northern Ill. vs. Florida St.

ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL - Louisville vs. Florida

TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL - Oregon vs. Kansas St.

AT&T COTTON BOWL - Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma

BBVA COMPASS BOWL - Pitt. vs. Ole Miss

GODADDY.com BOWL - Kent St. vs. Ark. St.

DISCOVER BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Alabama vs. Notre Dame
                      Last edited by Twitter3; 16 Dec 12, 08:16. Reason: Change winning team's color
                      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

Hey I'm 2-0.

Already doing better at this than Dennis' NFL weekly polls.

Comment

It was a great opening game to bowl season.

I think we have three tied at 2-0 and a few at 1-1. So far you are in first place...

Comment

Agree. Nevada and Arizona put on quite a show.

Comment

I think we have a problem. I turned the TV off when Nevada was up by 13 with 1:30 left. It seems that Arizona scored twice in the final minute and won 49-48. Can't believe it. And I could've sworn that you had Nevada in bold red. My mistake.

Damn! 1-1 for me.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Matt Scott watched helplessly as Nevada kicked a field goal to pad its lead. The Arizona quarterback had already thrown two interceptions, and now needed two quick scores and some luck — in a hurry, too — to somehow win the New Mexico Bowl.

Scott even admitted he didn't have "positive" thoughts before returning to the field.

But in the final 46 seconds, Scott threw two short touchdown passes and college football's postseason started with a wild one as Arizona rallied past Nevada 49-48 Saturday.
                              http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-bowl/1771905/

Edit: I saw the post above yours and saw Nevada in red and thought I was reading your bowl update post.

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't have picked the same color. I can switch it up to make things easier for all of us...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X