Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the NFL cover up information on head injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the NFL cover up information on head injuries?

Evidence has come out that the NFL knew more about the dangers of head injuries in football than they claimed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4698--nfl.html
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

I think so. And ESPN reported during the NASCAR race that Former Bear coach and current ESPN analyst Mike Ditka was released from the hospital following a light stroke. He needs to watch his temper also.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If the NFL did then so did the NFLPA as they are also on the disability panel.
      Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

The decision for disability was not made by the NFL or the player's union.
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
          The decision for disability was not made by the NFL or the player's union.
          Sorry. Per the article.

Originally posted by Yahoo
          There is little doubt that the conclusions reached in 1999 by the NFL's seven-member retirement board — which consists of three owner representatives, three player representatives and non-voting representative of the NFL commissioner (snip)

Comment

They are part of the panel. Not made by the union as a whole... or the NFL as a whole.

Pmts were recommended by the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
              They are part of the panel. Not made by the union as a whole... or the NFL as a whole.

Pmts were recommended by the panel.
              So you are saying the player representatives from the NFLPA did not inform the powers that be for the NFLPA about this?

Comment

I am saying we don't know who voted for payments... it was a vote.

The players union would want payments for injured former players.

The owners not so much... and the NFL maybe not at all.

It is a recommendation based on their conclusions for those certain players.

*This is a tricky subject. I mean... who doesn't think there is the possibility of brain injury from slamming your head into another from age 6 or 7 until your 30s? I got hit hard enough in youth football to see 'stars'.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X