NCAA Approves Changes In Infractions Enforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Approves Changes In Infractions Enforcement

Looks like coaches aren't going to be able to jump to another school when problems arise like they have in the past.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Many of these coaches seem to see the writing on the wall and leave just in time to avoid dealing with the repercussions.
    I used to follow Kansas basketball extensively, and soon after they won their championship in 1988, they were hit with NCAA sanctions. Larry Brown left to coach in the NBA. Roy Williams was hired and had to deal with the consequences of the probation. I believe he said if he'd known how bad it was going to be he never would have taken the job. Fortunately for Kansas he was the right hire, and got them through the probation and back to prominance in the 90's and early 2000.

Comment

I used to be a big Memphis State basketball fan before I moved to Kansas, and they had some great teams. They got hit with big sanctions and had to forfeit all their victories from 84-85 which was their best year when I was a fan. That was extremly disappointing. Their coach Dana Kirk ended up going to prison for tax evasion.

Comment

NCAA?! Oh, the free minor league system for the NFL and NBA. BFD, until they make coaches adhere to their contracts and crush the proscribed activities by boosters I don't give a rotund rodent's rear receptacle what that bunch of hypocrites does!

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X