Where are the black swimmers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the black swimmers?

It just struck me that during the recent Olympics where most track and field athletes seemed to be black, I couldn't recall seeing even a single black athlete in any of the swimming events.

I may have missed one or two, but I think the observation is generally correct.

What accounts for this?

Philip
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

They had a committee meeeting and decided that after taking over Football, Baseball, basketball, golf and a few others, they decided that it was best leave something for Whittee to still have. Once we build up swimming, like we did golf, they will take that over too. The current long-term acquisition targets are swimming and cycling, and then we will need another great White hype (like Lance or Phelps) to build the next sport for future takeover.

Do I need the sarcasm button?

Comment

Because swimming is where suburban moms go to put their kids so they don't have to compete with black kids and get their feelings hurt. JK

Possibly true in away, or perhaps the swimming arena (which strikes me as growing in popularity in the last ten years) is a field where suburban White parents have turned so their children would have less competition in general (not just limited to Blacks, but all children under the presumption that the best athletes will be drawn to football, basketball etc), and thus are less likely to have their kids mediocrity exposed and risking the parent's ego which is being fed vicariously through their children's achievements.

Comment

Well you can run from Lions and Tigers, but you can't outswim a crocodile! In the US most of the swimming elite have money to invest in the sport. Gymnastics as well is an affluent past time.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

They didn't like water?
          Dunno really. Just an anomaly.
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've heard that their skin don't fare well in chlorinated water. Same with their hair, they need special moisturizures for the afro and most don't wash their hair daily.
            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
              It just struck me that during the recent Olympics where most track and field athletes seemed to be black, I couldn't recall seeing even a single black athlete in any of the swimming events.

I may have missed one or two, but I think the observation is generally correct.

What accounts for this?

Philip

would it be racist for me to say they sink faster than whites, so they aint good swimmers..
              Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

This thread could drift off in a nasty direction.
                No reflection on you, Phil. The question is perfectly legitimate.
                You'll just have to suffer thru the "Cute" little answers.

John
                The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
                It's truly a simple concept.
                Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

Some brave scientists performed a study in 2010 on this touchy subject.

Belly Button Key to Sports Success
                  The placement of the navel, the body's center of gravity, could separate winners from losers.

Scientists have found the reason why some athletes dominate on the running track and others in the swimming pool: It's in their belly buttons

Many scientists have avoided studying why blacks make better sprinters and whites better swimmers because of what the study calls the "obvious" race angle.

http://news.discovery.com/human/bell...-athletes.html

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                    Some brave scientists performed a study in 2010 on this touchy subject.
                    If blacks are better sprinters. why did so many fail to run away from white cops?

Long live Eric the Eel!
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      If blacks are better sprinters. why did so many fail to run away from white cops?
                      Might have something to do with their choice of pants...

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                        Might have something to do with their choice of pants...

That would be more effective if that wasn't a white kid in the photo.

US 4x100 meter freestyle relay team at the recent London Olympics:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Jones. Cullen Jones. There's your black swimmer.
                          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Long live Eric the Eel!

because they can't outrun a radio wave or a police dawg.
                            Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                              That would be more effective if that wasn't a white kid in the photo.
                              Ummmm.....I suggest you check the link below. I'm not the only one to use the pic to describe blacks with saggy pants.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...ggy-pants-bust

I thought it was very effective...
                              Last edited by Persephone; 08 Nov 12, 23:20.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X