Muhammad Ali vs Gorilla Monsoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Ali vs Gorilla Monsoon

How embarrassing for Ali to be proved wrong.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Originally posted by Cosmos View Post

How embarrassing for Ali to be proved wrong.
    In the scenario of wrestler versus boxer of roughly equal skill at their individual crafts, it should be obvious that the wrestler has a huge advantage. If the wrestler can get inside the boxers reach the match is over.

How much of this was real and how much hype is open to debate. Ali was after all the world of sports consummate showman.

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I remember that. A wrestler will beat a boxer every time. Agreed Dennis.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
        I remember that. A wrestler will beat a boxer every time. Agreed Dennis.
        How about a flyweight boxer versus a tall muscular guy who has no fight-training ?
        The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Ah, that's so classic. Love the Gorilla. And was that a 10 year old Vince McMahon on commentary?
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

That isn't the point. We're talking wrestlers and boxers. This is a hypothetical question. I could take out a flyweight boxer-25 years ago. Maybe even 20. Depends on the day and time of day, if it was 5 years ago. Sometimes martial arts and street fighting go only so far.

How about a flyweight boxer versus a tall muscular guy who has no fight-training ?

Comment

Anyone see I think it was called 'The Wrestler?' I think it was made 1977, or 76. Featured Verne Gagne and others. I know, I am showing my age.

Comment

Really?! Someone skilled in some form of self defense against someone who doesn't know jack-spit? Really?!

Comment

Leverage and strength still counts for alot. If you can't hit the guy hard enough to hurt him, you're in trouble.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

It depends on who's involved. Some of the pro boxers out there hit very, very hard, and they're in extremely good physical condition. Put Gorilla in the ring with Tyson and see what happens...other than Gorilla being bitten, that is.

Comment

Fear the bite then. Could Tyson get his teeth up that high?

But what you say is still up there with my comment about leverage and strength--which I'm not claiming that's all one needs to win a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                        Really?! Someone skilled in some form of self defense against someone who doesn't know jack-spit? Really?!
                        The tall muscular guy would have a longer reach and easily be able to knock the flyweight off his feet.

Comment

Andre the Giant and Chuck Wepner had a match and they really did get into it.

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

My worst jump story:
                            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                            No lie.

~
                            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

The tall muscular guy would have a longer reach and easily be able to knock the flyweight off his feet.
                              Maybe, only maybe. Forgotten is that Gorilla, whatever his real name, was a wrestler through college as well. Aside from the antics of the pros he also understood technical wrestling as well.

Regards,
                              Dennis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X