A-Rod... Benched???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Rod... Benched???

What do some of the Yankees fans here think of the A-Rod situation.

Sure is weird to me. The dude has over 600 HRs... his replacement was 0-13 so far in the playoffs. Cano is like 1-29, Granderson not hitting, Swisher not hitting, etc

Why A-Rod?
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Historically his playoff stats are weak. Maybe that is why he is first to grab some pine.

Also, maybe the Yanks want to move him. If the benching tees him off enough to mumble about leaving the team can look like it is granting his request rather than shoving him out the door.

Hopefully it won't matter after tonight!

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Hard to get rid of 5 years and 115 million . Or should I say tough to find takers?
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Marlins and Yankees in serious talks, but it is expected for the Yankees to get great prospects back; they'll have to eat a lot of the salary.
        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Given my Buccos collapse Talk Like a Pirate Day consisted of this sound

Nice to see the Yankees join in the fun!

Regards,
          Dennis
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest news is A-Rod will NOT waive his no trade clause. Yankees seem to be stuck with him.

Comment

Joe Girardi got lucky once pinch hitting for A-Rod and came across as a genius doing it and then had all the leverage when it came to benching him. A-Rod should have been playing in all the games instead of replacing him with average players who are having a lousy post season to.
              “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
              ― Groucho Marx

Comment

The fact, sad or not depending on how you feel about the Yankees, was they were doomed when Jeter broke his ankle. It's amazing how one man can make or break a team. And A-Rod is not that kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                  The fact, sad or not depending on how you feel about the Yankees, was they were doomed when Jeter broke his ankle. It's amazing how one man can make or break a team. And A-Rod is not that kind of player.
                  The Yankees were doomed in 2001, when they had Alfonso Soriano batting lead-off. For too many years the Yankees have been über reliant on the long ball. This year has been the worst: about 51% of their runs came from homers, and they'd won less than five games without hitting a dinger. Their whole ethos now is standing around waiting for one to launch one. Sure, Curtis Granderson has a fantastic slugging percentage, but he loops his swing and opens his hips: somehow to the Yankees' suits that excuse flies when he strikes out with the tying run in scoring position. It's not just A-Rod: it's the whole lineup, and it's disgusting. And this rot started from the top.

As to A-Rod, the Yanks are stuck with him. No one is his right mind is going to touch that monster contract for a geriatric ballplayer. If anything, Granderson pisses me off more, since with his speed he should be chopping down on the ball and legging them out, not upper-cutting his swing and flying his hips open. And get rid of hitting coach Kevin Long: he preaches the long ball, and his sermons should by now be considered disproven.
                  I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                    Marlins and Yankees in serious talks, but it is expected for the Yankees to get great prospects back; they'll have to eat a lot of the salary.
                    The Dodgers are another option. They've been acting like the Yankees (of old) during the tail end of the season. They were grabbing quality players and signing them to huge contracts.

The Reds will be needing a 3B when Scott Rolen retires. I heard he may retire in 2013 if he doesn't get a decent contract. He's a free agent after 2012.

And last but not least, the Mets. They've been known to pick up Yankees scraps...Strawberry and Gooden comes to mind immediately. The Mets are in contract talks with David Wright, but Wright may not extend his contract if the Mets don't give him 6 years at $100 million on top of the two and $26 he had left on his current contract.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                      The Dodgers are another option. They've been acting like the Yankees (of old) during the tail end of the season. They were grabbing quality players and signing them to huge contracts.

The Reds will be needing a 3B when Scott Rolen retires. I heard he may retire in 2013 if he doesn't get a decent contract. He's a free agent after 2012.

And last but not least, the Mets. They've been known to pick up Yankees scraps...Strawberry and Gooden comes to mind immediately. The Mets are in contract talks with David Wright, but Wright may not extend his contract if the Mets don't give him 6 years at $100 million on top of the two and $26 he had left on his current contract.
                      Reds have Todd Frazier waiting. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5060/todd-frazier Otherwise I tend to agree.

Comment

Hell, we couldn't even get daddy to laugh when the Yankees lost.(I think he was in too much pain..y'all know how teeth can bug ya)
                        At the moment, I doubt he cares too much about baseball.
                        Spurrier got chomped in the swamp. Oh Hell Yeah!

Comment

I'm afraid the Yankees are stuck with Alex for the duration unless the Marlins offer their best prospect AND the Yankees eat 75 % of the remaining contract AND Alex realizes that he could OWN Miami with a couple of good years..

The team collapse against the Tigers wasn't just Alex's fault but he quickly became the poster child. He always attracts attention for either good or ill.

Most Yankee fans have grown tired of Alex's act. They never embraced him in the first place and his antics with the two girls during the loss to the Tigers was probably the last straw. A change of scenery would be best for all concerned.
                          God Save The Republic.

Comment

And last but not least, the Mets. They've been known to pick up Yankees scraps...Strawberry and Gooden comes to mind immediately.
                            You've got it backwards. Straw and Doc were drafted by the Mets, then were picked up by the Yanks on the tail ends of their careers.

The Mets are in contract talks with David Wright, but Wright may not extend his contract if the Mets don't give him 6 years at $100 million on top of the two and $26 he had left on his current contract.
                            Given the Mets' current financial woes they won't be offering Wright no $18.7 mil any time soon. I'd think that the same applies to most of the rest of baseball, for that matter.

Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
                            I'm afraid the Yankees are stuck with Alex for the duration unless the Marlins offer their best prospect AND the Yankees eat 75 % of the remaining contract AND Alex realizes that he could OWN Miami with a couple of good years..
                            Word on the street has it that Hal Steinbrenner flat out will refuse to pay for any players not on his roster. Besides, such a naked salary dump might be rejected by MLB.

Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
                            Most Yankee fans have grown tired of Alex's act. They never embraced him in the first place and his antics with the two girls during the loss to the Tigers was probably the last straw. A change of scenery would be best for all concerned.
                            Of course, had A-Rod just launched a three-run shot, then no one would be talking about his chatting with the girls. In baseball, winning tends to cover up a lot of sins.
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                              You've got it backwards. Straw and Doc were drafted by the Mets, then were picked up by the Yanks on the tail ends of their careers.
                              Both of those guys should be in The Hall of Fame with Mets caps on their plaques. They threw their talent away.
                              God Save The Republic.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X