X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMan88
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    Actually, it is as practical as most forms. It has been recognized as a sport over other forms more out of popularity.
    hmmm... the emphasis on kicking makes it more "ritualistic" than realistic for me.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
    I don't like taekwondo much as I find it impractical, but the videos were nice.
    Actually, it is as practical as most forms. It has been recognized as a sport over other forms more out of popularity.

Leave a comment:

• GMan88
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    and then

Take away his kick he isn't much.
    hahaha that's very very very true! I still like the speed at which they execute their speeds, though. TBH, I don't like taekwondo much as I find it impractical, but the videos were nice.

And then I got to watch hassan's fight versus mike zambidi... tsk, what a mismatch! (wait, the one you posted is also of mike zambidi, but the one I caught on youtube had very nice quality)

reminded me of the URCC (sorta like UFC), wherein a wingchun expert (great kicks and punches) came up against a stocky solid-built boxer... all his kicks were shugged off, and the boxer would just close in and BAM BAM BAM! After a few repetitions it was very evident the wingchun was outclassed.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
    David vs Goliath ?
    K-1 likes to put on novelty fights occasionally.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    Yup... his coach should also get a kick in the pants for letting him fight that way.
    No question. The other guy had read him like a book. Took every strenght away and turned them agaist him. Top job on pre fight planning.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Which he took more than once.
    Yup... his coach should also get a kick in the pants for letting him fight that way.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Which he took more than once.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    and then

His kicks are good but using a spinning back kick on someone that is your equal or better is not a good idea. You leave your back exposed and recovery can give your opponent an advantage. At 2.11 he attempts a SBK and gets hammered.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    One good wack on the nose will screw up anyone's day.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    and then

Leave a comment:

• GMan88
    replied
    ...and just when I thought it would be hard to find a better Taekwondo fighter than that, here's this guy, who IMHO is even several notches better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

Leave a comment:

• GMan88
    replied
    haha I actually saw that video just tonight while I was browsing. Anyway, just thought I'd share this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlBrI...feature=fvwrel

This guy has great speed! Amazing spinning kicks!

Leave a comment:

• Selous
    replied
    **** the bed, that guy is huge. Bit of a dull fight though. He didn't have to keep walking slowly on, he could've just rotated a little*, once on the ground it was hard to imagine him getting up, and he didn't fall on the smaller man so well.

*and sucked in the MMA fighter using gravitational pull. Rimshot

Leave a comment:

• Cosmos
    started a topic 600lbs Sumo Vs 169lbs MMA Fighter

600lbs Sumo Vs 169lbs MMA Fighter

David vs Goliath ?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X