Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is terrifying, an explosive on the soccer field!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is terrifying, an explosive on the soccer field!

Hello,

Apparently a live hand grenade was thrown onto an Iranian soccer field, and a player unwittingly picked it up and tossed it away. The grenade exploded as soon as it hit the wall. Thankfully, I think no one got hurt.

Watch this video clip at this link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D208323

I hope whosoever threw this grenade onto the field can be caught.

I think the player who picked it up is counting his blessings such as not holding it long enough for it to explode in his hands.

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Wow. Well, that's pretty interesting. I can't really see what the guy is picking up while it is lying on the ground, and he definitely doesn't toss it very far. I'm not exactly sure what it was, but I'm pretty sure what it was not. I don't at all think it was an actual military hand grenade, there would have been several casualties if that had been the case, and no one in their right mind would have gone near it. My guess (only a guess) is that it was some sort of disguised IED which didn't work exactly as the maker had planned.

Very scarry none the less. I'm glad no one was hurt, but it doesn't bode well for trying to provide security at soccer matches.

Comment

I read a description of it last night as a firework or small exlosive.

The quarterfinal first leg was temporarily interrupted when the referee ran to one of the sidelines to inspect debris thrown on the field by fans. As you can see from 1:05 in the video above, Sepahan midfielder Adel Kolahkaj picked up a small, black object and tossed it away from the pitch. Turns out that object was some kind of mini grenade or firecracker, which exploded upon landing

Comment

You think thats bad! They are used against our police and on the streets in urban Manchester and they are not just over baked fire crackers either!.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19635239

Paul
        Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 21 Sep 12, 12:55.
        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
        All human ills he can subdue,
        Or with a bauble or medal
        Can win mans heart for you;
        And many a blessing know to stew
        To make a megloamaniac bright;
        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
          You think thats bad! They are used against our police and on the streets in urban Manchester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19635239

Paul
          I thought that was a one off, what's the average usage of grenades in Manchester? I know gun crime's pretty bad there.
          ------
          'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
            I thought that was a one off, what's the average usage of grenades in Manchester? I know gun crime's pretty bad there.
            If you read the link in full you will see that another Grenade was involved in the killing of a man in a related incident some weeks ago.

Paul

Comment

Wow, Cheetah. Thanks for this. The guy was very lucky he didn't get hurt. I'm not sure what I would do if someone tossed a grenade at me like that. Probably run and dive for cover instead of picking it up.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                Wow, Cheetah. Thanks for this. The guy was very lucky he didn't get hurt. I'm not sure what I would do if someone tossed a grenade at me like that. Probably run and dive for cover instead of picking it up.
                I seriously doubt the guy picking it up knew what it was. That's why he just so casually tossed it away. I bet you, after it exploded, the guy was thinking something like this, "Oh my God! I still have my hands intact! I'm one lucky guy!"

I don't think he'll be picking up anything on the ground from on now. Better to be safe than to be sorry!

Dan
                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                  If you read the link in full you will see that another Grenade was involved in the killing of a man in a related incident some weeks ago.

Paul
                  I wonder if the guy had connections to the IRA? I was under the impression handguns were almost impossible to get in the UK.
                  Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                    I wonder if the guy had connections to the IRA? I was under the impression handguns were almost impossible to get in the UK.
                    Nah! He's just a F**kwit bighead with hate.

The only people with illegal fire arms in the UK are criminals and there are thousands of those firearms out there ranging from SMGs to converted replicas and now it seems, hand grenades.

Paul

Comment

I used to buy all my clothing and lots of other stuff at the local army surplus store.

I guess the hand grenades were an 'under the counter' kind of deal....

Philip
                      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Thanks Dan. It is scary that something like this could happen at Arsenal, or even Manchester. I may not like Man U but this is ludicrous.
                        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                          Better to be safe than to be sorry!

Dan
                          Absolutely!
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X