What the hell is going on here!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is going on here!?

The reach of greed on the part of networks and teams is growing longer. Imagine my surprise!

High School football on Thursday nights now, and on TV multiple days of the week. College games played or televised 7 days a week. What about time out of class? What about the unadulterated bullshit about haveing a focus on academics!? The pricks make me wretch!

NFL games EVERY Thursday now. More opportunities to play with only 3 days between games. Where is the concern about reducing injuries and player safety? Huh, where the hell is it? These pricks make me wretch too!

Regards to you, but none to the assholes responsible for this mess,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

And having the Minor League Baseball Championship on tv also? Crazy baby!
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My solution is to have grades and class attendance taken into consideration when handing out bowl berths and NCAA tournament invitations.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

They do have something like that already - UCONN basketball is on probation for having a very low graduation rate. I believe it is tied to grades and graduation rate.
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
          And having the Minor League Baseball Championship on tv also? Crazy baby!
          No that isn't crazy IMO. The minor leaguers are professionals. Not so, well at least allegedly, with some high schools and the colleges.

From Checkertail20
          My solution is to have grades and class attendance taken into consideration when handing out bowl berths and NCAA tournament invitations.
          And who will monitor that one?! I do like the idea but since it will no doubt be self reporting the colleges will use it to teach their athletes another lesson in ethics!!!!!

Regards,
          Denis
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Here is an article that discusses the probation:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...demic-standing
            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
            -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X