• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about them replacement referees?

I say they FAIL!

What say you?
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

I thought they did just fine in the Jets game. But then again, my opinion of the refs has never been good, so in my opinion they have no where to go but up.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
      I thought they did just fine in the Jets game. But then again, my opinion of the refs has never been good, so in my opinion they have no where to go but up.
      I think the Jets/Bills game was one of very few games without issues with the referees. Below are some samples of what went on with the other games...

Patriots vs. Titans

Officials mistook an incomplete pass for a fumble, a ruling reversed by the replay booth, which meant that they didn't blow the play dead. On the runback, which should never have happened, Jake Locker was hit and knocked out of the game with an injured shoulder.

Before Locker got knocked out of the game, he and the Tennessee offense had their opening drive killed when the referees missed clear defensive pass interference in the end zone.

Jaguars vs. Vikings

Jared Allen timing his jump perfectly and sacking Gabbert, yet got penalized for it.

Vikings were called for a hit below the waist but replays clearly show it a legal hit. The penalty set up the Jag's tying TD in the 4th quarter. Fortunately the Vikings came back to win by a FG.

Eagles vs. Browns

Both teams here took equal punishment from referees. They penalized the wrong player for being offside, a simple penalty but a mistake that wasn't corrected (thus being a permanent, and unfair, mark against the wrong player's record).

More seriously, though, the Browns missed out at what should have been another opportunity to score a touchdown, one that would have given them a victory, when an Eagles player jumped offside during a FG attempt without drawing a flag.

This is the worst blunder, though. After a Michael Vick fumble on third and short, with the Eagles driving in an attempt to score a game-winning TD, Browns coach tried to challenge the play's result. But Vick recovered his own fumble, and you can only challenge the recovery of a fumble in the end zone. It took referees nearly six minutes to figure that out.

Colts vs. Bears

Jay Cutler was forced to call time out because referee Wayne Elliot forgot to reset the play clock after a penalty.

Andrew Luck, believing he had a free play due to a Chicago player obviously jumping offside, threw deep and was intercepted. The flag never came...

Bears cornerback Tim Jennings is rewarded for an amazing and legal defensive play by being called for pass interference.

Redskins vs. Saints

Referees bails out Robert Griffin III on a fourth-down play with a phantom pass-interference call in the end zone. The zebras' enthusiasm for throwing flags had a great deal to do with Griffin's phenomenal first-game numbers.

The Redskins started a drive on the 20 after a touchback, meaning the first-down marker was exactly at the 30. On third down, with the ball spotted at the 24, Griffin threw an incomplete pass. The Saints committed a five-yard penalty on the ensuing punt. Somehow, 24 plus 5 got Washington the first down.

Falcons vs. Chiefs

Just one gripe about this game, though it's a big one. Julio Jones made a touchdown catch that should have been brought back for pass interference, but the play was missed by referees.

Rams vs. Lions

There is an ineligible interior lineman downfield two yards from the line of scrimmage at the time a pass is thrown. (Admittedly, it's not his fault, but rules are rules.) This touchdown won the game for the Lions, who have the referees to thank for the victory.

Steelers vs. Broncos

There was a moment during this game where the referee crew were running away from the ball, which was snapped before the umpire reached his position (meaning it's supposed to be a penalty on the offense) and while a Steelers player was still trying to get off the field (which is supposed to be a penalty on the defense).

Another moment when the clock never stopped, and was never fixed, even after a challenge flag was tossed.

The crew also lost track of the two-minute warning. When a touchdown happens at the two-minute mark, the officials are supposed to wait until after the conversion before calling the warning. Instead, they sent the game to timeout right after the touchdown, giving the Broncos more time to set up their two-point conversion play, and costing the Steelers the timeout they could have used to plan their two-minute drill.

NOW...we get to MY TEAM!

49ers vs. Packers

Oh holy hell, where do we start? Referee David White's crew was horrendous, and I couldn't possibly highlight all their mistakes.

I'll start with during a punt in which the 49ers are charged with a block in the back despite being the punting team. Apparently Green Bay rushed the kick backward.

Unsportsmanlike conduct was called on the Niners for "removing the helmet," even though it was Aaron Rodgers's foot that kicked his helmet loose.

There were several great defensive plays by the Niners that were called for interference.

Okay, the Niners did jump offside 4 times and they weren't called either.

This is by no means a comprehensive list. The regular refs make plenty of mistakes, but they generally don't misplace the two-minute warning or award nine-yard first downs. If the NFL wants to keep arguing that the scabs don't make a difference, it needs to ignore a lot of video evidence.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Yeah... but you could do a week of football from last year and see almost the exact same things. They make mistakes... just need to be able to get it right at some point.
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I don't think it was much worse than normal. I didn't see them miss much more than usual. The big miss was the block in the back by the Packers on their punt return for a TD.

Regards,
          Dennis
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

One of the games Sunday afternoon had one of the officials go down and they replaced him with a female. I don't ever remember seeing a female official in the NFL before. She was so small I feared she would break if someone hit her.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...on-game-090912

Comment

This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

During the Niners/Packers game, the announcer was saying one of the referees last worked the Lingerie Bowl!

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                  Yeah... but you could do a week of football from last year and see almost the exact same things. They make mistakes... just need to be able to get it right at some point.
                  They better get it right sooner rather than later...or they will have trouble leaving stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                    During the Niners/Packers game, the announcer was saying one of the referees last worked the Lingerie Bowl!

But Maggie, moving from those, ummmmm, uniforms to regular NFL game attire should do nothing BUT improve that official's concentration!

Regards,
                    Dennis
                    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

A line judge that was supposed to work the Saints/Panthers game today, was pulled because his FB page revealed he is a huge Saints fan.

That said, even if the NFL missed it, the judge should have done the proper thing and disclosed it, then request to work another game.

Comment

Originally posted by TTownLarry View Post
                        One of the games Sunday afternoon had one of the officials go down and they replaced him with a female. I don't ever remember seeing a female official in the NFL before. She was so small I feared she would break if someone hit her.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...on-game-090912
                        Wrong. She was one of the starting officials. The injured official was replaced by another man.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X