Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL - 2012-2013 Season

Hey everyone,

I thought I would throw out the following question: 'Do you think a labor agreement will take place before the September 15/2012 deadline or do you think the season will be cancelled'?
    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
    - Col. David Hackworth

I think the NHL and the players would be very silly to cancel another season.
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

And yet the dope on the street is that the owners want to break the union outright. Thursday the Players' Association will present a counteroffer to the League. The owners' response will tell us if there's to be a season.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Well the 'Canes have finally picked up some excellent players... so I am expecting the worst .
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I understand without owners, there is no league. I also understand that without players, the owners have no product. I even understand that a goodly amount of tickets are bought by corporations. So it's a relationship that needs all its parts working together in lockstep. What I ask myself is, do none of these sports see what labor unrest does to the other sports? And my answer is yes, but they don't care. Why? Because no matter how many fans say they aren't coming back, they always do. So it's our fault.
          "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
          And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

It took the NHL years to regain it's fans after the last lockout. To do so would only drive fans away from the sport, putting the especially crowd lacking teams into serious financial trouble that will be far worse than they have ever experienced.
            - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

I hope there will be a full season, but as much as I do enjoy hockey I don't care what they do at this point. I won't be thinking about it at all until at least after September 15. Even then it might be just another BFD.

Football is here and the Pirates are playing their first meaningful September games in 20 years.......that is enough to keep me happy.

Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

It would be a horrible loss for them to cancel the upcoming season. It took me til late this past season to actually come back to hockey, and I am a hockey nut. Shanahan and his boys better get to working, if he is involved. It will be a tragedy if this happens again, maybe they won't dig out of it this time.

Looks like the NFL is in the same hot water. Replacement Refs.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its already hockey season here.

Last edited by RichardS; 17 Sep 12, 10:14. Reason: Please place large images under a spoiler.
                  Кто там?
                  Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                  Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Very sad on both parties. Very stupid.
                    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Well, it is a lockout. I do not like it, but I won't dwell on it until it is solved and we see what kind of season, if any, is offered.

I only wish the owners in Major League Baseball had the kind of stones the owners in hockey and football have.

Regards,
                      Dennis
                      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Since the Commissioner Buttman helped the Atlanta Spiritless Group sell the Thrashers I couldn't care less about hockey any more. So they can cancel the season I'd not give a fig newton.
                        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Where we live now there is major junior hockey (WHL - Western Hockey League) and you can't beat it. While I wish the NHL owners and players could come to a acceptable deal for both side, I do NOT feel sorry for them. It's millionaires versus millionaires and to be honest, I believe that both sides need to move and come to a reasonable conclusion to end this nonsense. I don't believe, regardless of what they say, that they care about the fans.
                          - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Dang it!!! Lockout.

Just after the 'Canes actually pick up some excellent players .
                            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

NBC has got to take some of the blame for this, too, though they never intended for this to happen, I'm sure. Their contract to televise NHL games obliges NBC to pay whether the games are played or not. Given the NHL's recent history history, NBC was clearly out of their minds when they signed that. So now the owner's will be receiving TV revenue for the next two without paying players, so there's really no onus on them to get back to hockey. I'm sorry, but after debacles with five NHL owners being convicted on various Federal fraud charges over the last twenty years, I think it pretty clear that the NHL is run by a bunch a crooks, and whoever takes their word for anything is a plain fool looking to be separated from his money.

Fck the NHL!
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X