Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Badminton fans here

Hi

As a ardent player and fan, I was wondering if there were any other like minded players/fans here of the fastest racquet sport in the world!

Regards
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

I would definitely watch if the opportunity presented itself. I haven't seen any for a loooooonnnnnnng time and have no idea what is going on in the sport now. I have also forgotten everything I knew about the game.

I learned to play in college PE and enjoyed the game. My buddy and I came in second in a tournament among all the badminton classes that semester!

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I played alot at the neighbors as a kid and at the beach. Played some in drunken stupors while in/going to college to... similar to D. Enjoyed watching it during the Olympics.
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Was looking forward to seeing it at the Olympics but did not seem to be televised.

Was due to Asian dominance that it was well covered at Beijing.

Guess we will have boring beach volley ball at Rio.

Comment

Hi

I've played at several US clubs and a high % of the players are ex-pats from many nations.
          Badminton doesn't seem to have a high profile in US schools & colleges!

Regards
          "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

I played for a couple of years, and was lucky to win the finals in my first year of competition. Loved it immensely, it's a great game of reflexes and skill.... I always loved to bluff the opponents in what the next shot would be.
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Hi

Its a crying shame that the speed and court coverage just doesn't come across at all well on TV

They tried to make it more appealing for TV by tinkering with the scoring system (now every rally is a scoring rally, unlike previously). However until the action/skill can be made more TV friendly, I fear it will remain far behind tennis in peoples consciousnesses.

Regards

Comment

I'm not really a fan. But I was at a conference this weekend where Anna Rice was a guest speaker.

AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X