No announcement yet.

Lance Armstrong should lose all recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why should he have to continually fight these charges? Who has the axe to grind here? It looks to me that those who were caught are trying to drag him down to their level. I don't blame him for saying enough is enough; do what you want. And the USADA is the biggest joke in the world. Jesus Christ; isn't there more important things in this world to worry about?

Here is what I think about the whole Tour de France
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Maybe he didn't contest these charges because he is just tired of playing "the game".
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
        Maybe he didn't contest these charges because he is just tired of playing "the game".
        You mean whupping everybody? Yep, he's tired of it...
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
          You mean whupping everybody? Yep, he's tired of it...
          Nah, I'm thinking the countless rounds of unproven accusations.
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
            Nah, I'm thinking the countless rounds of unproven accusations.
            True...seems the witch-hunt just won't stop until they get him for something. He's retired and they are still after him!

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I laugh that the USADA thinks they have that kind of power. I will also side with the preponderance of evidence that he was clean.

Comment

I think they are overreaching a lot. Their justification of a man tired of fighting accusations that have never been proven because he just wants to live his life in peace must be an admission of guilt is ridiculous.
                Кто там?
                Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Amongst the evidence Armstrong is tired of fighting is the witness testimony of ten people, including fellow team riders, saying they saw him doping.

The USADA would have probably taken no action until Armstrong decided to enter professional Triathlon events.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                    Amongst the evidence Armstrong is tired of fighting is the witness testimony of ten people, including fellow team riders, saying they saw him doping.

The USADA would have probably taken no action until Armstrong decided to enter professional Triathlon events.
                    Ten people who were CAUGHT doping. Unlike Mr. Armstrong who was tested and never found to be doping. Geee. Who would you believe?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                      Ten people who were CAUGHT doping. Unlike Mr. Armstrong who was tested and never found to be doping. Geee. Who would you believe?
                      I believe the punishment for perjury is rather greater than for doping.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                        I believe the punishment for perjury is rather greater than for doping.
                        The point is: 1) Mr. Armstrong was NEVER caught doping by ANY of the drug tests. 2) Those testifying against him were. 3) This is not a criminal case so perjury is not a consideration. 4) When is silence considered an admission of guilt? 5) USADA is exceeding its authority and mandate. 6) When has such an extended period of time has there been such an effort to uncover wrong doing. We're not taking days, weeks, months or a few years here. 7) If you are going to try the man; try him in a real court with perjury and the associated punishments are included as well as a higher level of evidence.

Maybe he did dope; I don't know. But this reeks of a witch-hunt and is frankly embarrassing to the Tour de France, cycling in general and especially the USADA.

Comment

Last I read the UCI and Tour de France weren't retracting his wins. This is still all in the USADA's fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                            Last I read the UCI and Tour de France weren't retracting his wins. This is still all in the USADA's fantasy.
                            Yep, and they blame others for taking durgs. What are they on?
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Last I read the UCI and Tour de France weren't retracting his wins.
                              They may have a bit of difficulty finding a clean winner of those Tours:

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.co...-1999-to-2005/

Comment

I laugh that the USADA thinks they have that kind of power. I will also side with the preponderance of evidence that he was clean.
                                He's never had a dirty test. He was tested constantly, on every tour. The USADA is a joke, he's probably just tired of repeatedly going to hearings and findings and finding there is no evidence every time.
                                "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X