No announcement yet.

2012 Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been in sick bay for a week and missed the opening ceremony and all the rest, now I'm back on my feet I'll be looking at the boxing with interest. Britain usually does reasonably well in Olympic boxing certainly some medals this year I hope (and recently in professional boxing too, though the pledged resurgent golden age has not been so easily forthcoming from Hayes, Calzaghe and Amir Khan...what would Tom Cribb say?). Then fencing should be interesting. I hear we won some sailing which is to be expected, that's usually one we do okay in.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
      I've been in sick bay for a week and missed the opening ceremony and all the rest, now I'm back on my feet I'll be looking at the boxing with interest. Britain usually does reasonably well in Olympic boxing certainly some medals this year I hope (and recently in professional boxing too, though the pledged resurgent golden age has not been so easily forthcoming from Hayes, Calzaghe and Amir Khan...what would Tom Cribb say?). Then fencing should be interesting. I hear we won some sailing which is to be expected, that's usually one we do okay in.
      I wondered where you were mate .. hope you are feeling better.

The sailing hasn't been decided yet - it's ongoing races each day .. and we're not doing terribly well at the moment. Today really is crunch day.

Several of the rowing finals tomorrow though .. and we do have some medal chances there.
      "COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
      - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Thanks Jen, much appreciated

I just looked at the medal table and thought well, we must've not had those events yet, because only 2 silvers so far? rank of 20 in the table, that'll shift when team GB get to water, and hopefully the square ring!
        ------
        'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
          I don't think you're confused. I think you got it right as rain. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. But we just call it England for short.
          You've proved a point I tried to put over on another thread.

Am I right- or am I right !
          "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
          Samuel Johnson.

Comment

'Shuttlegate' hits Olympics:
            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oly...Gail-Emms.html
            ------

Comment

They've banned all eight of 'em!!

That's the way to do it.
              "COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
              - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Considering this is the London Olympics I am a little bit disappointed that there aren't a few more British sports in it, like darts, or snooker or cheese rolling ..

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck's Luck View Post
                  They've banned all eight of 'em!!

That's the way to do it.
                  Right. Don't even mess with the punks. Of course the scheduling could have been different to prevent the two same country-teams from meeting up in the final I would think. Not sure tho.
                  SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Bad news for them but good news for us Canucks, we have a chance at the medals now
                    Some days your the bug, some days your the windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                      Don't rule out zie Mezkins!!
                      They got a scary crop coming through the youth ranks, winning the U-17 World Cup and coming in 3rd for the U-20 World Cup.
                      Oh yea! Cicero calls it again.
                      Brazil vs MeXiCo for the Mens final.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X