Yankees Fans Should Get Excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees Fans Should Get Excited

Yes, yes, I know you're always excited. But like in the infomercial ... wait, there's more.

The University of Kentucky basketball team just won the national championship. What does that have to do with the Yankees?

Well, Kentucky has won 8 championships. The past six titles all came in years when the Yankees also won the World Series (1998, 1996, 1978, 1958, 1951 & 1949). If you're into coincidences and a Yankees fan, then things are looking good.

By the way, the only time Kentucky won a national championship but the Yankees didn't win the World Series was 1948 - which is the last time the Indians won the World Series. So maybe there might be some hope in Cleveland.
    Last edited by The Ibis; 03 Apr 12, 16:47.

You only accounted for 7 titles. Who won the series on the other title year?
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
      You only accounted for 7 titles. Who won the series on the other title year?
      To be determined.

Comment

Considering the pitching upgrades, I've been feeling pretty good about the Yankees' chances all off-season. Come November, all will be right with the universe once again.

It never gets old.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Yeah Yeah Yeah
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
            To be determined.
            Oh God do I feel dumb....
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Considering the pitching upgrades, I've been feeling pretty good about the Yankees' chances all off-season. Come November, all will be right with the universe once again.

It never gets old.
              What upgrade? The porker on the DL and the old dude from the NL west?

Comment

Yankees?

Name sez it all!

Pffft!

Pro Baseball ain't been worth squat for decades - I enjoy watchin town teams in the back country more!

Hell of a lot more talent, folks playin from nothin but their guts, hearts & loads of spontaneous entertainment!

Micro-brews are a helluva lot better & a 1/3 the price, too.

Very little to no admission & all around real good times without all the yahoo looney toon fanbois & goils that couldn't make 1st base on a home run at a jog w/o a heart attack if they wuz playin, to boot!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

It never gets old.
                  "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                  -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

It never gets old.
                    What you perceive as an 'upgrade' in pitching, I see as desperation to such an extent that the Yankees management is pulling Pettitte out of retirement. Yes, Pettitte got old and Rivera is on his way out too. The only pitcher you got worth even mentioning is Sabathia and he's not having a great spring either.

I could have grabbed a couple of Yankees pitchers in the live draft but chose not to. There are plenty of better pitchers out there than what's on the Yankees bench...

BTW, what do you consider an 'upgrade'? I don't see it, as a matter of fact, I see the Yankees stumbling and fumbling their way thru the 2012 season. Mark my words!
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

^ We can at least take comfort from the fact that Ralph Branca's son-in-law won't be leading Red Sux Nation to the promised land anytime soon.

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                        Yeah Yeah Yeah
                        +1 Kirk
                        Skip

Comment

^ We can at least take comfort from the fact that Ralph Branca's son-in-law won't be leading Red Sux Nation to the promised land anytime soon.

I've been following American baseball for approx 4-5 years now and the Yankees are by far the most popular baseball team in America. They are most certainly due for a championship. Probably not this year but they have a good chance next year, when Rivera's replacement takes over.

BTW, I got Rivera on my fantasy baseball team. Took him with my 3rd overall pick. I won't take him at all next year though, he is on the decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
                            BTW, I got Rivera on my fantasy baseball team. Took him with my 3rd overall pick. I won't take him at all next year though, he is on the decline.
                            He MIGHT actually retire at the end of this year. David Aardsma and/or Dave Robertson are the candidates for closer of the NYYs if he does retire.
                            Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

If Chipper retires,so should Rivera. Next thing you know people will be after me to retire. 25 years coming up. Is that time to retire? Nope.
                              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X