The United Countries of Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Ah, football. It's a great game. I've had the privilege and the honor to play with people from Norway to Germany to Jugoslavia to Italy to Portugal to Brazil to Argentina to Uruguay. Football is a game that I've enjoyed thoroughly, and now I get to watch my son play. It's hard to beat.

What perplexes me is why an Englishman should tout football. Englishmen have played football for decades.

Unless you're counting the drunken shenanigans at Stamford Bridge as football.

All ponds have pond life; The bigger the pond, the more there is of said pond life

Yeah, John Bull: tell us about "civilization."

I'm sure that if you use your search engine you will find all you need to know....Perhaps you will become the worlds most knowledgable on the subject

Paul
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
      Putin's on a crusade for that gold medal in hockey, and he plays it himself.
      Will he be captaining the team?
      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

And now I have a headache. I strained my brain too much.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
          All ponds have pond life; The bigger the pond, the more there is of said pond life
          Yours seem to congregate in particularly large numbers, however, in places like Anfield, White Hart Lane, Stanford Bridge, the appropriately named Den, etc, etc . . . .

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
          I'm sure that if you use your search engine you will find all you need to know on the subject
          Will I find anything about how high was the esteem in which Italy held their "civilized" English guests that they banished them to the island of Sardinia during the opening round of the 1990 World Cup?
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
            Will he be captaining the team?
            No but there is a slight chance of a Putin versus Prime Minister Harper hockey match.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2295911/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
              No but there is a slight chance of a Putin versus Prime Minister Harper hockey match.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2295911/
              I'd pay to see those two face off. Maybe Obama can play out on the wing.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I'd pay to see those two face off. Maybe Obama can play out on the wing.
                I would to, I hate to say it but Harper would get creamed. There is an amusing story President Bush relayed connected to Harper and Putin:

Bush says he had introduced then-Russian President Putin to his Scottish terrier, Barney, on a visit to the U.S. presidential retreat, Camp David.

Putin returned the favor when Bush visited Russia and Putin was giving him a tour of the grounds of his dacha.

"A big black Labrador came charging across the lawn. With a twinkle in his eye, Vladimir said, 'Bigger, stronger, faster than Barney,'" Bush writes. A copy of the book was obtained by Reuters.

Bush says he later told the story to the Canadian prime minister, Stephen Harper, who replied: "You're lucky he only showed you his dog."

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                  You won't bring me down to your level.
                  You won't bring me down
                  You won't
                  You
                  You
                  YOU!!!

Dang it Dibs. You almost got to me.

.... Well, delusions of 'World best grandure' do tend to send people heading towards another planet. you are much better off in the real world and that world is Earth.

Yours seem to congregate in particularly large numbers, however, in places like Anfield, White Hart Lane, Stanford Bridge, the appropriately named Den, etc, etc . . . .
                  Where as yours seem to be spread deep and crisp and even ...Oh! and all over the place.

My final say on the subject is: That no matter what the game/Sport, If It brings pleasure to the person that is interested in it, then It's a great game....'Including slippysticks'

Paul
                  ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                  All human ills he can subdue,
                  Or with a bauble or medal
                  Can win mans heart for you;
                  And many a blessing know to stew
                  To make a megloamaniac bright;
                  Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                  The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Put Obama in goal-without a mask!
                    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I ain't above imperial sports. Rugby looks amazing. In fact, I wish there was an American league. No pads or equipment. BBC America broadcast the England - Ireland match on St. Paddy's day and it was great fun; it would have been even more fun if I knew what the hell was happening. One of these days I'll overcome my laziness and study the rules. But as of now, the game appears to me as if a group of inmates are trying to ---- a football. Every once in a while someone drops the ball and kicks it. That's about as much as I've learned.

I caught an Australian rules football [game? match? ] and that also looked fun. Football on an oval field that's twenty yards longer.
                      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

The IGGY heard around the world, here is the call from 10 different countries:

Comment

That was stickball that you played. Or street ball. The Germans play much the same game. That it was invented in the UK lol. I guess Kings are an English invention as well.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X