The United Countries of Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The United Countries of Baseball

Found this. Bit outdated, but I think it's pretty cool. I almost posted it in the baseball social group, but I decided it would fit better here so those outside our borders could see what all this madness was about.

...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

My cousin would disagree with the Cardinals on where she lives,alot down there prefer the Cubs over the Cardinals on the Kentucky border.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like it...I thought we were going to see something here about the CUBA-USA-JAPAN-Monterrey Mx-Baseball link.

Comment

Yankees are every where Dude.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Silly me ! I though there might just be other countries involved, rather than just the USA.

Of course, everywhere else, it's a kid's game and they call it, 'Rounders.'
          Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
            Silly me ! I though there might just be other countries involved, rather than just the USA.

22 grown men running around in hot pants happy if they get a draw. Now that is a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Yankees are every where Dude.
              Proof positive of civilization's ultimate triumph.

Aren't you scheduled for the chucking telephone poles while cross-dressing event?

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                Proof positive of civilization's ultimate triumph.

Aren't you scheduled for the chucking telephone poles while cross-dressing event?

I dare you to say that to him.

Oh, and HPJ ? At least when there's a football international, the competitors are from different countries. Spain won the World Cup by beating the Netherlands after a tournament that embraced contestants from every continent except Antarctica and went on for a month.
                Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

The part of NC I live in is definitely more Braves fans than Nationals.
                  "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                  -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Canada is a country.
                    ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

The map is right about the Orioles and Pirates fan. Western Maryland is full of Pirates fans.
                      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

22 grown men running around in hot pants happy if they get a draw. Now that is a sport.
                        That as may be but it's still a world sport and the most popular (aside from fishing) in the world.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...%3Divns&itbs=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_baseball

Paul
                        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                        All human ills he can subdue,
                        Or with a bauble or medal
                        Can win mans heart for you;
                        And many a blessing know to stew
                        To make a megloamaniac bright;
                        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

The map is inaccurate - The Redsox nation extends into the Maritime Provinces and so does the Bruins nation. Never have I been so insulted or seen such inaccuracies in a map!

Comment

I dare you to say that to him.

Oh, and HPJ ? At least when there's a football international, the competitors are from different countries. Spain won the World Cup by beating the Netherlands after a tournament that embraced contestants from every continent except Antarctica and went on for a month.
                            You really haven't a clue about baseball now do you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Ba...orld_Cup#Teams

Just about the only country that doesn't play is, is, is the UK. Spending time in the past days of glory or should it be gory days.

Comment

You really haven't a clue about baseball now do you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Ba...orld_Cup#Teams

Just about the only country that doesn't play is, is, is the UK. Spending time in the past days of glory or should it be gory days.
                              Thats because it was invented here, played it a bit, saw it was crap, relegated it to a school game akin to hopscotch, kiss-chase and skipping and moved on to invent games that everyone in the world would like playing and watching.

Paul
                              ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                              All human ills he can subdue,
                              Or with a bauble or medal
                              Can win mans heart for you;
                              And many a blessing know to stew
                              To make a megloamaniac bright;
                              Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                              The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse