Hines Ward Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hines Ward Retiring

Hines Ward was one of my all time favorite Steelers.
    http://profootball.scout.com/2/11695...?ocid=ansfox11
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Hines was more than a receiver, he was a football player! One who gave me and all Steeler fans a great deal of enjoyment!

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Is he all banged up or did he have a few good years left in him?
      The really good players know when it's time to call it a day.
      God Save The Republic.

Comment

I thought HW did a good job as an analyst in the SuperBowl pregame show. Look to see if HW has a sideline roving reporter future. HW was always a gritty player. Whether he was right or wrong, he always showed up to play.

Comment

Hines Ward had a few good years left in him but not as a #1 receiver.
          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
            The really good players know when it's time to call it a day.
            I think Hines is done. He lost a step and had great difficulty getting open at all this year. The loss of quickness effected his ability as a blocker as well.

Tom, I couldn't disagree more with the above. Some do and some don't. Among the really good who didn't are Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, and Franco Harris to name just 3. I am sure there are many, many more.

Regards,
            Dennis

Comment

Probably the second greatest player to play at the University of Georgia, maybe the best all around.

I also think Ward is smart to quit while he is ahead in pro ball.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
                Probably the second greatest player to play at the University of Georgia, maybe the best all around.

I also think Ward is smart to quit while he is ahead in pro ball.
                Remember, he was released a month ago. At that time he was adamant about continuing to play.

Since then nobody offered him a job that was heard of, or at least didn't offer one at an amount of money he would play for. He didn't retire before he was released. That would be quitting while he was ahead.

I don't fault him either way, retiring as a Steeler or playing for someone else. His contributions were still great for my boys!

Regards,
                Dennis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X