No announcement yet.

What did you play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School- baseball (catcher) and football (QB)

College- baseball 2 years.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
      I was the North Eastern Champion snowdropper.
      !
      ------
      'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
        We didn't invent the word "Soccer." The Brits did (over a hundred years ago, I believe). Say soccer. You are an American, and everybody will know what you are talking about. Otherwise you will look silly, have to specify what kind of football you are talking about, and you will make George Washington cry (or at least disappointed)

I say "you" as a general term to apply to any American reader who would be shamed or prodded into not using the word Soccer with pride.
        I never called it soccer before I came here. And I've never met a Brit who called it that either...

But I'll take your word for it...
        "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

The perennial spectator!!!

So the question is, What did you play??? My most thoroughly well thought out, most deeply sincere answer would be----

With MYSELF!!!

I also did much of this

Though serious, I played a lot of out-door basketball on concrete, games of touch football, some softball here & there, wrestled with my buddies a bit, went jogging throughout my hilly & ocean side neighborhood---Squantum--- several times a week, ran track, & spent this good amount of time doing my utmost to evade the cops. Than I started boozing, & my athletic career came to this screeching halt, so to say!

Comment

Organized? In high school:

Baseball - 2B, SS
            Diving - 3m springboard,
            Swimming - 100 & 200m freestyle
            Wrestling - 150-152lb freestyle

After high school, years later, I joined up with an adult football (soccer) league, dominated by Ecuadorians. They picked me to be their goalkeeper. I did that for a season -- until a fan ran out onto the field and stabbed the referee. As much as I love football (and still do) the idea of getting stabbed over it . . . . colored my decision to not renew my membership the following season.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
              I never called it soccer before I came here. And I've never met a Brit who called it that either...

But I'll take your word for it...
              I calls it soccer-football It was soccer football or just soccer in Britain way back wehn to differentiate from or Rugger; Rugby or Rugby Football. (A football game invented at Rugby)
              ------
              'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I played doctor under the bleachers with the girls. I bet I had more fun than all of ya combined
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  I played doctor under the bleachers with the girls. I bet I had more fun than all of ya combined
                  And I'm sure that all of them were willing "patients" . . . .

You might get away with that kind of thing in West Virgina, but in the civilized world, you'll be wearing a number for the next twenty-to-thirty.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    And I'm sure that all of them were willing "patients" . . . .

You might get away with that kind of thing in West Virgina, but in the civilized world, you'll be wearing a number for the next twenty-to-thirty.

Your familiar with a civilized world? Lean somin everyday.

Comment

Your familiar with a civilized world? Lean somin everyday.
                      - sic

"Somin" -- 'cept spellin', right?

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                        - sic

"Somin" -- 'cept spellin', right?
                        I didn't want to disappoint old bean.

Comment

I didn't want to disappoint old bean.
                          And you never do.

Comment

Baseball and hockey growing up.

After high school, I got into men's major fastball (fastpitch) and played internationally. Turned it into a career.
                            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                            -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

High school: Intramural soccer and shooting

College: Intramural softball and football

Adult: Fast and slow pitch softball

Second childhood/now: none

Regards,
                              Dennis
                              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

what is 'Intramural'?'
                                ------

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X