What did you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you play?

And maybe you still do play for a local club.
    I used to be on the school Rugby Union team and then was on the team for University Fencing for about a year and a half.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Ocean racing. (inshore cruising class. {Hunter 38})
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Back in the 1970's... I played Little League baseball, high school football, intramural softball & football in college.

In the 1980's and early 1990's, I played adult (beer) league softball & indoor soccer.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I played center field in baseball and was really good with the glove but wasn't the greatest hitter.

I played basketball and wasn't much of a scorer but could play defense and reboound.

I played soccer and this was best sport. One year I lead the league in goals when I was on my high school team.
        “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
        ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Tennis and what America calls (but the rest of the WORLD calls fútbol) "soccer"

I dropped soccer after high school though.
          "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Baseball(1st base) Football(Offensive Lineman)Archery(Good at it) Basketball(Guard) Too old to play most of that now.
            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You're only as old as the woman you feel, Reb.
              ------
              'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

My friend,my wife is about to be 29.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Football, like every other kid in our street. I wasn't much good at it, though.
                  Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

In High School, I played 4 years of Varsity Football, 3 years of Varsity Track and 2 years of Varsity Basketbal, I played Reciever, Free Safety, some QB and returned punts and kicks in Football, in Track I ran the 4x100,4x200,4x400, and did High Jump, and played Guard in Basketball. I grew up playing Centerfield in Baseball in Little League and on Regional All-Star teams, I would've played in high school but the Baseball program at my HS is very poorly managed and almost non-existent, so I chose Track instead. Football has always been my absolute favorite and I'm gonna miss it now that it's over. I got some scholarship offers for Football to smaller 1-AA and Div. 2 schools out of state, but after a couple nagging injuries and having to choose between NROTC and Football, NROTC won out. I'm picking up Boxing just kind of as an amateur right now but I'm thinking about getting involved in some local competitive stuff like Golden Gloves.
                    Last edited by IronMan15; 12 Mar 12, 19:19.
                    "The first time those bastards encounter US Marines, I want it to be the most traumatic experience of their miserable lives."
                    -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Psalms 144.1

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                      Baseball(1st base) Football(Offensive Lineman)Archery(Good at it) Basketball(Guard) Too old to play most of that now.
                      Good grief!!! When did you have time to eat or sleep?
                      "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                        And maybe you still do play for a local club.
                        I used to be on the school Rugby Union team and then was on the team for University Fencing for about a year and a half.
                        I played football in High School and college. I was on the track team in High School and also wrestled in High School and in college.
                        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
                          Tennis and what America calls (but the rest of the WORLD calls fútbol) "soccer"

I dropped soccer after high school though.
                          We didn't invent the word "Soccer." The Brits did (over a hundred years ago, I believe). Say soccer. You are an American, and everybody will know what you are talking about. Otherwise you will look silly, have to specify what kind of football you are talking about, and you will make George Washington cry (or at least disappointed)

I say "you" as a general term to apply to any American reader who would be shamed or prodded into not using the word Soccer with pride.

Comment

Soccer. Play it several times a week, to EVERY DAY of the WEEK.
                            Positions:
                            Wing-back, Left-Back or Right-Back: Scored 3-goals as a right-back once (and broke up an attack and set up the fourth-goal on the counter. I was F'n awesome that night).

Attacking Midfielder {L, R}

Striker: Got a nose for goal, can place shots, shoot with power, and I can strike a ball in the air and keep it low.

Goalkeeper: Vision, anticipation, the smarts required for a good attacking player also make for a good goal-keeper. Plus, I make it look good! Not much cooler than a GK rushing out off his goal-line, sliding on the ground to intercept the ball, as a charging attacker has to leap over you.

I think I can play a defensive midfielder, but I don't very often. The only thing I think I'm no good at is Attacking-Center-Mid.

Comment

I was the North Eastern Champion snowdropper.
                              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X