X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martok
    replied
    Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
    Pat Robertson said that Manning would deserve to get hurt for the way the Broncos treated Tebow.
    That isn't what he said. He said if Manning got hurt, it would serve them (read: the Broncos) right for the manner in which they treated Tebow.

In one sense he has a point. They have sort of put all their eggs in one basket, and we have already seen what happens when Mannings understudy gets tossed into the starting role. At least Tebow had starting experience.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Classy.

Leave a comment:

• Checkertail20
    replied
    Pat Robertson said that Manning would deserve to get hurt for the way the Broncos treated Tebow.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/P...ow-snub-032212

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by Elk View Post
    Peyton Manning only has a year left in him. Maybe two at the most.
    He's almost done, and won't be the same Peyton as he used to be.
    Irsay was right in letting him go.
    Not that I'm naysaying you, but how do you know these things?

Leave a comment:

• Martok
    replied
    Well thats the concern, to be sure.

I hope he has a full five years left in him, as he is one of the best ever to play the game. And unlike having to watch Tom Brady, I can watch Manning play without becomming ill.

Leave a comment:

• Elk
    replied
    Peyton Manning only has a year left in him. Maybe two at the most.
    He's almost done, and won't be the same Peyton as he used to be.
    Irsay was right in letting him go.

Leave a comment:

• Martok
    replied
    Oh ye of little faith.

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Tim Tebow is a NY Jet! Wow, never saw that one comin...
    Oh boy is it gonna be fun watching this train wreck!

I hope someone mics coach Ryan the whole year. Should be some choice tidbits there.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Tim Tebow is a NY Jet! Wow, never saw that one comin...

Leave a comment:

• 2nd Rangers
    replied
    Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
    I still see some idiot like Suh hitting him,and him being in a chair the rest of his life. And yes,just because Elway didn't like him,Tebow got the shaft. Makes you wonder,he don't like Christians?
    I would like to see Tebow go to the Jaguars. It would be his team and the only place they could go is up. That franchise is the worst in the NFL, they need a shot in the arm.

As for Peyton, I have a feeling he is risking way to much for a few more years of competition. Hope it all works out for him.

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    As it stands now, I agree, staying with Alex Smith is the best option. Hopefully, Jim Harbaugh can turn him into the superstar QB he was once destined to be.
    Well we're gonna see eh?

Reports are Smith and Niners agreed to a 3 year deal. I like this as it gives the Niners room to groom a franchise qb in the next couple years.

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    I still see some idiot like Suh hitting him,and him being in a chair the rest of his life. And yes,just because Elway didn't like him,Tebow got the shaft. Makes you wonder,he don't like Christians?

Leave a comment:

• Martok
    replied
    And it wasn't as much as Peyton turning teams down, but a couple of teams turned Peyton down. They did not want to give him full control of the play calling.

Jim Harbaugh for one, did not go for it and turned Peyton down.
    That makes sense, really, given the nature of some coaches and the systems they run. But I thought that even with the Colts Manning did not have full control of calling every play, but rather the, authority?, to override any play sent in if he felt the need.

I guess that amounts to the same thing in some regards, but don't most NFL QB's have the right to call off into other plays, depending on how the defense sets up?

Having never been an NFL quarterback I don't know, but why tie your guys hands with static play calling.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by Legate View Post
    I really don't see an alternative to Smith. There is talk of going after Tebow. Please God no. If Smith can barely do the job what makes people think Tebow is going to be better?
    As it stands now, I agree, staying with Alex Smith is the best option. Hopefully, Jim Harbaugh can turn him into the superstar QB he was once destined to be.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by Martok View Post
    Yep. It is being reported by a number of news agencies he is signing with Denver. They are also, of course, talking about what will become of Tebow, as he wouldn't be an effective back up for Manning because of their different play styles.

But then a trade may be the best thing for Tebow, as Elway obviously didn't want him around, or even to succeed.
    I heard on sports radio today, Peyton wanted to go to a team that would let him call the plays. He said he doesn't have the time to memorize new plays and learn a new system. I guess Denver agreed to his terms.

And it wasn't as much as Peyton turning teams down, but a couple of teams turned Peyton down. They did not want to give him full control of the play calling.
    Jim Harbaugh for one, did not go for it and turned Peyton down.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X