Peyton Manning...Free Agent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was 28 mil my friend.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Isn't his wife from Florida? I would think that fact would have a rather large bearing on where he ends up. 'Cause if mama ain't happy, ain't NO one happy...
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        I'm thinking that he should probably retire. I mean - FOUR neck surgeries? All he needs is for one of those "bounty" hits to clothesline him and he's what? paralyzed from the neck down? I'm sure that he's most likely saved up enough $$ to last him the rest of his life.

(GIVE IT UP, PEYTON....)
        I totally agree. I have visions of him in a battery powered wheelchair.
        I know the money had a place in the Colt's decision....but they know more about his "bionic neck" than they'll ever tell.
        Take the bucks you've already got, and get out, Peyton!!
        Besides, there are more millions in broadcasting or coaching just sitting out there waiting for you.

John
        The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
        It's truly a simple concept.
        Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
          Good God no!

I knew there were some talk about our Niners trading for him last season but I think Harbaugh is more than happy with Smith.
          I'd rather they brought in a veteran receiver and shored up the secondary. Of course you can never have enough OL help.
          Just heard they are bringing in Randy Moss to work out. Not a bad pick up, if Moss can produce like he used to.
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I wasn't surprised when Indy dropped him. It was alot of money but I was still saddened.

Todays rumor mill says Denver or Arizona. Also mentioned are the Dolphins, SanFran, Jax and believe it or not the Titans.

"Peyton Manning was just released by a capricious owner who can't keep things to himself, and clearly wants to take over his team, despite the absence of any professional football acumen. If you're a fellow NFL owner, your best bet at landing a Manning visit to your facility is to avoid acting like Jim Irsay. Somehow, Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams didn't get the memo.
            In a story written by Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, Adams came right out and said that he wants Manning on his team, and he really doesn't care what it takes to get it done.
            "He is the man I want. Period," Adams told Wyatt on Sunday. "And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn't happen.""
            Peyton Manning was just released by a capricious owner who can't keep things to himself, and
            Johnson and good recievers but not sure of the OL. Could be interesting.

I agree with what others have stated. He had best stay away from teams in total rebuild mode. Don't think he is playing for the money. A ring and he just wasn't ready to walk away.

Comment

I would not sign Manning because he only has one or two more years left in him and that is if he is completely healed. Minnesota signed Favre and got two good years out of him and now they are losing and the same could happen to the team that signs Manning.
              “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
              ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                Just heard they are bringing in Randy Moss to work out. Not a bad pick up, if Moss can produce like he used to.
                Yeah they signed him to a one year contract. If he is as half as good as when he was in his prime this should be a decent deal.
                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Yeah they signed him to a one year contract. If he is as half as good as when he was in his prime this should be a decent deal.
                  I think a one year deal is the best way to get the most out of Randy Moss. He performs better when he has something to prove. He'll want an extension, so he better do well in 2012.

I don't mind them tinkering with the offense, but they better bring back the D intact. It was the defense that got them to the playoffs last year. Alex Smith does not have what it takes to match TD's with high scoring teams. I heard on the radio yesterday that they are trying to resign Alex Smith, I hope they see something in him, cause I sure don't.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Reports saying he is going to Denver .
                    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                      Reports saying he is going to Denver.
                      Yep. It is being reported by a number of news agencies he is signing with Denver. They are also, of course, talking about what will become of Tebow, as he wouldn't be an effective back up for Manning because of their different play styles.

But then a trade may be the best thing for Tebow, as Elway obviously didn't want him around, or even to succeed.

Comment

I think a one year deal is the best way to get the most out of Randy Moss. He performs better when he has something to prove. He'll want an extension, so he better do well in 2012.

I don't mind them tinkering with the offense, but they better bring back the D intact. It was the defense that got them to the playoffs last year. Alex Smith does not have what it takes to match TD's with high scoring teams. I heard on the radio yesterday that they are trying to resign Alex Smith, I hope they see something in him, cause I sure don't.
                        I really don't see an alternative to Smith. There is talk of going after Tebow. Please God no. If Smith can barely do the job what makes people think Tebow is going to be better?
                        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                          Yep. It is being reported by a number of news agencies he is signing with Denver. They are also, of course, talking about what will become of Tebow, as he wouldn't be an effective back up for Manning because of their different play styles.

But then a trade may be the best thing for Tebow, as Elway obviously didn't want him around, or even to succeed.
                          I heard on sports radio today, Peyton wanted to go to a team that would let him call the plays. He said he doesn't have the time to memorize new plays and learn a new system. I guess Denver agreed to his terms.

And it wasn't as much as Peyton turning teams down, but a couple of teams turned Peyton down. They did not want to give him full control of the play calling.
                          Jim Harbaugh for one, did not go for it and turned Peyton down.

Comment

I really don't see an alternative to Smith. There is talk of going after Tebow. Please God no. If Smith can barely do the job what makes people think Tebow is going to be better?
                            As it stands now, I agree, staying with Alex Smith is the best option. Hopefully, Jim Harbaugh can turn him into the superstar QB he was once destined to be.

Comment

And it wasn't as much as Peyton turning teams down, but a couple of teams turned Peyton down. They did not want to give him full control of the play calling.

Jim Harbaugh for one, did not go for it and turned Peyton down.
                              That makes sense, really, given the nature of some coaches and the systems they run. But I thought that even with the Colts Manning did not have full control of calling every play, but rather the, authority?, to override any play sent in if he felt the need.

I guess that amounts to the same thing in some regards, but don't most NFL QB's have the right to call off into other plays, depending on how the defense sets up?

Having never been an NFL quarterback I don't know, but why tie your guys hands with static play calling.

Comment

I still see some idiot like Suh hitting him,and him being in a chair the rest of his life. And yes,just because Elway didn't like him,Tebow got the shaft. Makes you wonder,he don't like Christians?
                                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X