Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning...Free Agent!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peyton Manning...Free Agent!

    Wow! I figured Indy would hold onto to him for one more year. Looks like it's going to be Andrew Luck for the 1st pick. It's going to be an interesting 2012 season.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

  • #2
    Indy cleaned house from top to bottom. I didn't see a need to keep Manning. They won't win a Super Bowl with or without him this year. $28 million will give them a lot of wiggle room in the draft and free agency.

    Best regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

    Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

    Comment


    • #3
      I wonder where he will eventually end up. He lives in Florida, I know the Dolphins are interested. If he is smart, he will go with the team with the best O-line.

      BTW...Has he regained all his strength in his arm? Full atrophy is hard to come back 100%. It would be too funny if the Dolphins move heaven and earth to get Peyton and find out later that his arm is a dud.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

      "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

      Comment


      • #4
        He needs receivers. There is one is AZ that is arguably the best out there. I also heard Denver is asking about him. He will go to a team that has a shot to win - he will be 36 this year.
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

        Comment


        • #5
          Going to a winning team would be nice but going to a team with a solid O-line would be best for his fragile neck. It would be terrible for him to end his career on his back.
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

          "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Persephone View Post
            I wonder where he will eventually end up. He lives in Florida, I know the Dolphins are interested. If he is smart, he will go with the team with the best O-line.

            BTW...Has he regained all his strength in his arm? Full atrophy is hard to come back 100%. It would be too funny if the Dolphins move heaven and earth to get Peyton and find out later that his arm is a dud.
            I understand there is some regression in the triceps of his throwing arm.
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

            Comment


            • #7
              Have you heard the whispers around Niner circles that they should go after Peyton? Do you think they should? I don't. But at the same time, I do want them to replace Alex Smith and/or demote him to backup.

              As long as they bring back the nucleus of the team from last year, the Niners only need O-line help and a QB. Their WR core are questionable and young but there is potential.
              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

              "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

              Comment


              • #8
                There are only a handful of teams that do not NEED a quarterback of his ability. Those not on the above list would be foolish to not at least look into the possibility and what it would take to make their team better.

                @ Persephone: I was just thinking that since he is up there in quarterback years, I don't think he wants to go through the rebuilding process like he did early in his career. He has 3-5 good to decent years left and that is why I said he is looking for a winner now. That's all.
                "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                  There are only a handful of teams that do not NEED a quarterback of his ability. Those not on the above list would be foolish to not at least look into the possibility and what it would take to make their team better.

                  @ Persephone: I was just thinking that since he is up there in quarterback years, I don't think he wants to go through the rebuilding process like he did early in his career. He has 3-5 good to decent years left and that is why I said he is looking for a winner now. That's all.
                  True, and that's his dilemma, go for another ring or save his 'neck'...literally.

                  I like Peyton and wish him well, but he has a huge decision coming up. I hope he chooses wisely.
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                  "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                    Have you heard the whispers around Niner circles that they should go after Peyton? Do you think they should? I don't. But at the same time, I do want them to replace Alex Smith and/or demote him to backup.

                    As long as they bring back the nucleus of the team from last year, the Niners only need O-line help and a QB. Their WR core are questionable and young but there is potential.

                    Good God no!

                    I knew there were some talk about our Niners trading for him last season but I think Harbaugh is more than happy with Smith.
                    I'd rather they brought in a veteran receiver and shored up the secondary. Of course you can never have enough OL help.
                    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm thinking that he should probably retire. I mean - FOUR neck surgeries? All he needs is for one of those "bounty" hits to clothesline him and he's what? paralyzed from the neck down? I'm sure that he's most likely saved up enough $$ to last him the rest of his life.

                      (GIVE IT UP, PEYTON....)
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Considering that he might have 2-4 years left as a starter, the Texans would be his best shot at another Super Bowl. They came within a whisker of making it last year with their third-string quarterback. If he's healthy, Manning could put them over the top, and tie his brother for SB wins. Currently, they have a good quarterback, but he only has one year left on his contract and has been a bit injury prone. Manning could also stick it to Irsay twice a year, being in the same division.
                          Last edited by sherlock; 09 Mar 12, 20:09.
                          If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I like the man,and I respect him. I know what that kind of surgery can do to a person,one hit in the right place,and he will be a parapalegic. Even if he isn't hit,I wouldn't be surprised if Elway gets him to teach Tebow.
                            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The Colts cut him because they would have had to pay him a $25 million bonus in a week (or was it $28 million?). Notice the General Managers and agents are setting up the contracts so the large lump sum is in the last year? The agents get their percentage of the whole contract. If the club cuts the guy so they don't pay the lump sum, the agent does not give any money back!

                              If the players would get smart and spread the money out evenly over the length of the contract the owners could not pull this. You always hear about veterans that redo their contract to give the club "wiggle room" on the salary cap. How many clubs have honored the contracts and paid out the large last year salary?

                              Peyton also had a house in Dallas. It is back on the market.

                              Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                              Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                              by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X