X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkertail20
    replied
    Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
    Do you thin the fans were louder because they had more to cheer for?
    That is part of it but I went to games in Camden Yards in the mid 90's they were competive and the crowd still wasn't as involved as they were in Memorial Stadium.

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
    Dennis, I see you are from Pittsburgh. That 1979 World Series was the toughest loss I remember as an Orioles fan. The World Series was won but then they stopped hitting and the Pirates came back and won. Pittsburgh has not only giving us two tough World Series losses but also Peter Angelos. You people really hate Baltimore don't you.
    Coly,

Angelos is baseball's version of Danny-boy Snyder or Jerry Jones! You know......................an idiot!

I despise the Yankees but loved the way Steinbrenner did business. He got the bang for his buck! Angelos must be made of Steinbrenner anti-matter!

Your luck with owners there is pretty bad! Irsay stole your football team in the middle of the night as well!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• The Ibis
    replied
    Dennis, I see you are from Pittsburgh. That 1979 World Series was the toughest loss I remember as an Orioles fan. The World Series was won but then they stopped hitting and the Pirates came back and won. Pittsburgh has not only giving us two tough World Series losses but also Peter Angelos. You people really hate Baltimore don't you.

Your right the Orioles did all that winning at Memorial Stadium but I posted Camden Yards because thats were they play now. I have been to both stadiums and Camden Yards is beautiful but the fans at Memorial Stadium were much louder. One bad thing I do remember about Memorial Stadium is that the parking was horrible. They would put you into a lot and you would be pinned in on all four sides by a car and you could not leave until all the cars aroun you have moved.
    Do you thin the fans were louder because they had more to cheer for?

Leave a comment:

• Checkertail20
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    And they did all that winning at old Memorial Stadium.
    Your right the Orioles did all that winning at Memorial Stadium but I posted Camden Yards because thats were they play now. I have been to both stadiums and Camden Yards is beautiful but the fans at Memorial Stadium were much louder. One bad thing I do remember about Memorial Stadium is that the parking was horrible. They would put you into a lot and you would be pinned in on all four sides by a car and you could not leave until all the cars aroun you have moved.

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    Ebbets was odd,but this one was odder!

Shibe Park-Philadelphia

This park always fascinated me,it looked like a building,not a baseball field.

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    I only loved the Orioles in the '71 and '79 Series! That aside, there is nobody I enjoyed seeing in an argument more than Earl Weaver! Fans should have had to pay double for any game they saw him really let it go with an ump!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    From the late 60's to early 80's the Orioles were one of the top franchises in baseball winning 7 division titles, 6 pennants and 3 World Championships.
    And they did all that winning at old Memorial Stadium.

The NFL's Colts also played there, before their move to Indianapolis.

Leave a comment:

• Selous
    replied

Welford Road

Leave a comment:

• Checkertail20
    replied
    Oriole Park at Camden Yards. From the late 60's to early 80's the Orioles were one of the top franchises in baseball winning 7 division titles, 6 pennants and 3 World Championships. They have fallen on hard times since then only making it to the playoffs twice. One shining moment did happen in September, 1995 when Cal Ripken Jr. broke Lou Gehrig's consecutive game street.

Leave a comment:

• the ace
    replied
    Of course, like all Scots, there's a place in my heart for the sacred turf of Hampden. The best in the world have come here, and more often than you'd think, have staggered away wondering what hit them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by the ace; 29 Feb 12, 16:25.

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Wasn't the Bambino's last dinger the only one to ever leave Forbes Field?

Slick, one he hit that day did go out over the roof covering the upper deck in right. I do believe it was the last of 3 he hit that day. But it wasn't the only. Stargell for sure, and possibly others, also did it.

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    I did Marc,that was also where Hank Aaron broke 714 Homers.

Leave a comment:

• allsirgarnet
    replied
    Originally posted by philiplaos View Post
    In this life, some things are just plain wrong! Uppermost among these would be the cynical re-naming of the iconic St. James's Park, home to Newcastle United, to 'Sports Direct Arena'.

Philip
    Phil.

Gaz

Leave a comment:

• allsirgarnet
    replied
    History? You want history?

It should've stayed that way.
    Interesting pics?

Enjoy

Gaz