No announcement yet.

Your Team, Stadium and Their History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only loved the Orioles in the '71 and '79 Series! That aside, there is nobody I enjoyed seeing in an argument more than Earl Weaver! Fans should have had to pay double for any game they saw him really let it go with an ump!

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Ebbets was odd,but this one was odder!

Shibe Park-Philadelphia

This park always fascinated me,it looked like a building,not a baseball field.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dennis, I see you are from Pittsburgh. That 1979 World Series was the toughest loss I remember as an Orioles fan. The World Series was won but then they stopped hitting and the Pirates came back and won. Pittsburgh has not only giving us two tough World Series losses but also Peter Angelos. You people really hate Baltimore don't you.
        Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        And they did all that winning at old Memorial Stadium.
        Your right the Orioles did all that winning at Memorial Stadium but I posted Camden Yards because thats were they play now. I have been to both stadiums and Camden Yards is beautiful but the fans at Memorial Stadium were much louder. One bad thing I do remember about Memorial Stadium is that the parking was horrible. They would put you into a lot and you would be pinned in on all four sides by a car and you could not leave until all the cars aroun you have moved.
        “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
        ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
          Dennis, I see you are from Pittsburgh. That 1979 World Series was the toughest loss I remember as an Orioles fan. The World Series was won but then they stopped hitting and the Pirates came back and won. Pittsburgh has not only giving us two tough World Series losses but also Peter Angelos. You people really hate Baltimore don't you.

Your right the Orioles did all that winning at Memorial Stadium but I posted Camden Yards because thats were they play now. I have been to both stadiums and Camden Yards is beautiful but the fans at Memorial Stadium were much louder. One bad thing I do remember about Memorial Stadium is that the parking was horrible. They would put you into a lot and you would be pinned in on all four sides by a car and you could not leave until all the cars aroun you have moved.
          Do you thin the fans were louder because they had more to cheer for?

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
            Coly,

Angelos is baseball's version of Danny-boy Snyder or Jerry Jones! You know......................an idiot!

I despise the Yankees but loved the way Steinbrenner did business. He got the bang for his buck! Angelos must be made of Steinbrenner anti-matter!

Your luck with owners there is pretty bad! Irsay stole your football team in the middle of the night as well!

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
              Do you thin the fans were louder because they had more to cheer for?
              That is part of it but I went to games in Camden Yards in the mid 90's they were competive and the crowd still wasn't as involved as they were in Memorial Stadium.
              “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
              ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X