Clemson Tight End Says Way Too Much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clemson Tight End Says Way Too Much

Clemson may be getting a call from the NCAA after this post game interview.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

If agents and boosters can afford ro pay these players, why can't the school? At least make it all aboveboard. It goes on in all the major conferences and some of the mid size, too, I suspect. Sanction it. Regulate it. And quit penalizing these institutions for what they ALL do.
    "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
    And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

If I was him after WVU kicked their tails,I wouldn't have a thing to say.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Why would a school that is sucessful in athletics and has boosters pay its players want to change a great situation? It doesn't cost the school anything plus they get an unfair advantage over schools who play by the rules. Change the rules that allows for players to be paid and now the school has to start forking out cash and no longer has an advantage over the other schools. I will hear coaches complain that the NCAA is exploiting their "kids" but how many have ever gone to the NCAA and actually tried to do anything about it. They know they are in a great situation.
        “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
        ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Going out on a limb here, but I suspect he was not referring to actually getting paid. He must mean meal money (which all athletes get), free clothing, equipment, books/tuition money, etc.

I can't really think he would be that lacking of common sense as to state out loud that 'Hey, I'm getting paid off the books to play'.

Can he?
          "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
          -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
            I can't really think he would be that lacking of common sense as to state out loud that 'Hey, I'm getting paid off the books to play'.

Can he?
            Of course he can. Especially when he operates from within a pampered environment which encourages the notion that nothing really wrong is being done here, nudge nudge wink wink.

He said more "money" and more "resources". The resources he refers to are probably the meal money and books etc, which leaves his "money" comment to mean actual money. But I doubt the NCAA will make anything of this.

Comment

Regardless, I loved that end score.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I certainly think many of them are being paid. That hasn't changed over the last 80 or so years, so why should it now?! To think otherwise is delusional.

Giving athletes cash, goods in kind or special treatment has been SOP forever. The only way to change it is to keep the academically non-qualified players out of the universities, forcing the NBA and NFL to start their own minor leagues.

It wouldn't hurt to reduce the work load time the college athletes spend on their sports either. This means across the board, not just the revenue producing sports.

Regards,
                Dennis
                If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  Regardless, I loved that end score.
                  Sweeeeeeeeeettttt! One of the true outlaw schools got jacked!

Regards,
                  Dennis
                  If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

when the highest paid state employee in most places
                    is the head football coach of the state university
                    why should you expect anything different?
                    Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X