2012 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

For those with a passion for baseball, it is never too early to start thinking about the upcoming season. With the advent of fantasy baseball in the 80's, I submit that it is also never too early to start thinking about next season either.

So in that spirit, I give you the first reminder that, good Lord willing and enough participants, the 2012 ACG Fantasy Baseball season will be coming up in the next few months. It's never too early to speak up and grab a team. Last year was a lot of fun and I hope to have half again as many teams as we had last year (that would make a total of twelve). So jump in and sound off! Who's going to take the ACG crown this year?!
    "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
    And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Naturally, the defending champs are gonna be back!

GO EXECUTIONERS!!!
    I smell a...repeat!
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Glad to hear that! Third place is not my accustomed final position and I will be gunning for you, girlie! ;-)

Comment

Pencil me in. Lightly.
        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Will do. Reservations of participation are generally perceived scheduling issues, i.e., "Do I have enough time?" The longest requirement of your time, and it's not necessary but fun, is the live draft. Otherwise, it's five minutes a day to make sure your roster is set and you have no injured players. That's it. A friend of mine even checks his roster every Wednesday and Sunday and sets it for the next several days. He loses every year, but I can't point directly to that as a reason

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
            Glad to hear that! Third place is not my accustomed final position and I will be gunning for you, girlie! ;-)
            Har! I've grown up some. Doc has taught me patience. This season...I won't give up on someone like Curtis Granderson 3 weeks into the season.

I am no longer 'No Mercy, Perse'....

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

If I may ask how will this league be set up traditional 5x5 format with daily changes or will there be nontraditional categories? What does the roster look like? C-1b-2b-ss-3b-3xof's-SP-RP or are there positions such as cornor infielders?
              Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                Har! I've grown up some. Doc has taught me patience. This season...I won't give up on someone like Curtis Granderson 3 weeks into the season.

I am no longer 'No Mercy, Perse'....
                Oh yeah thanks for dropping Granderson. It was highly appreciated.

Count the Diamond Kings in.
                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Excellent, Legate! Welcome back.

In answer to your question cst784, the league is a 5x5 daily transaction with eight hitters, C-1B-2B-3B-SS-3OF and a Utility spot. Two starting pitchers and two relievers. I don't remember how many Bench spots, but it will come to me. Oh, and it's H2H not points. We play on Yahoo and use a live draft. However, you can prerank your players and those rankings will be used if you can't make the live draft.

Comment

I'll try,but honestly I forgot about my fantasy football. Sickness,vacation,work,it can happen.
                    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The draft is still three months away, Reb. If you're not better by then, remembering fantasy baseball may be the least of your worries ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
                        Excellent, Legate! Welcome back.

In answer to your question cst784, the league is a 5x5 daily transaction with eight hitters, C-1B-2B-3B-SS-3OF and a Utility spot. Two starting pitchers and two relievers. I don't remember how many Bench spots, but it will come to me. Oh, and it's H2H not points. We play on Yahoo and use a live draft. However, you can prerank your players and those rankings will be used if you can't make the live draft.
                        I'm taking a guess, but I think it was 5 BN and 3 IR.

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                          I'll try,but honestly I forgot about my fantasy football. Sickness,vacation,work,it can happen.
                          First, you can set your lineup weeks in advance, if you choose to.

Second, you can have a co-manager.
                          I do. We both watch the lineup and make changes as needed.
                          As a matter of fact, we won the whole thing in the end....

Comment

Greetings to the Gashouse Gang. I am in also MD. I am game for pretty much anything with the following caveats. I don't like weekly roster changes and would like to stay with daily.

Add and Drop. I am okay with limiting the number of adds and drops. I know there was an issue last year and if you wish to limit I am cool. All I ask is that it not be limited entirely. Just to get the ball rolling how about maybe 2 transactions per week? Does that sound reasonable?

One thing that has always bothered me is when managers abandon their teams. In some cases folks can't help it due to real life. The commish can freeze the team. but many times those teams have great players someone can use. When I used to commish I thought about having a special draft to redistribute the individual players. Yahoo is not set up for that but at the time the commish could move them off the dead roster and players could be chosen based on an honor system. Just food for thought.

I'llbe glad when base ball starts. Football is almost done and I would normally be hot and heavy on the NBA Fantasy. But the lockout and some of the moves being made are turning me off big time. I usually do 12 teams on yahoo cbs espn etc. This year I am so excited I have 1 team on yahoo and that is all. Cmon Baseball.

Comment

It sounds like it is the basic Yahoo set up. Count me in this year and if needed close to starting time I could possibly bring another player to the table if needed.
                              In regards to limiting roster moves I believe Yahoo had a default of 4 moves per week last year to keep teams from cycling pitchers and racking up stats and it seemed to work well without limiting a poorly preforming team from trying to "right the ship" per se.
                              One thing my long time league did last season was expand the scoring catergories to 6x6 by adding OPS (on base + slugging percentage) for the offense and Holds for the pitching. We wanted to give the relief pitchers more a role in helping teams.
                              Love the idea of the daily set up and the head 2 head format.
                              Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X