Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which team Packers has a better chance against?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which team Packers has a better chance against?

Now that Packers wrapped up their home-field advantage by routing the Bears, I'm left wondering which team Packers will have a better chance facing in the playoffs?

If there is one team that I'm most scared of, it's New Orleans Saints. They are the only team capable of keeping up with Packers offensively. After all, they only lost by 3 points (42 - 45). They have a great tandem in running backs: Thomas, Ingram, and Sproles. Obviously Packers defense is weak against the run, so Saints will have a great day hitting Packers hard where it hurts the most.

However, on the other hand, I worry about 49ers, as they have the No. 1 defense in NFL. They're ranked first nearly in every category, including in takeaways. I watched 49ers play Steelers last week, and there's nothing fluky about 49ers defense, it's that good! They have a great pass rush, and if Packers can't cope with that, then 49ers will win. But I have to wonder whether 49ers has faced a team that's explosive on offense like Saints or Packers.

New York Giants, if they get in the playoff, then they can be a dangerous team, as they only lost by 3 points to us. They are certainly capable of playing well, as long they can keep up with Packers offensively. But I view them as a lesser threat especially if they have to face 49ers or Saints before going to Lambeau Field.

Detriots are already in, but I think they will play one and out. They won't survive Saints. But then, Saints did lose to Seattle Seahawks last year! So, anything can happen in NFL.

I have a hard time deciding which team Packers will fare better in the upcoming playoff, and I'm curious if anybody here can offer an opinion or two....

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Packers will definitely have their work cut out for them if they face either the Saints or the 49ers, as both teams appear to be hitting and hitting hard. The playoffs will definitely be interesting.

-Matt
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

I generally lean towards whatever team has the best defense as long as they have at least an average offense..

what worked for KC also could have worked for Bears... in fact they did fairly well considering the newby QB... they were able to run freely on the Pack and it was just mistakes like an interception that made the score look lopsided.

I wouldn't be so sure about the Lions either... Staffords hand is healed and he has had two outstanding games and their defense is pretty good in a certain respect and they also owe the both the Saints and the Packers an ass kicking.. I wouldn't put money on the Lions but they have the look of a show spoiler.
      Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by KICK View Post
        I generally lean towards whatever team has the best defense as long as they have at least an average offense..

what worked for KC also could have worked for Bears... in fact they did fairly well considering the newby QB... they were able to run freely on the Pack and it was just mistakes like an interception that made the score look lopsided.

I wouldn't be so sure about the Lions either... Staffords hand is healed and he has had two outstanding games and their defense is pretty good in a certain respect and they also owe the both the Saints and the Packers an ass kicking.. I wouldn't put money on the Lions but they have the look of a show spoiler.
        I don't see a truly dominant team in either conference this year. I'd say the Saints come closest, but all have flaws, and most of them are large!

It could be very interesting. Of the teams in contention I see the Giants as the weakest in the NFC and the Texans, absent a starting QB in the AFC.

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I like I said DEFENSE..

figure the Pack and the Saints score darn near everytime they have the ball ( or it seems that way LOL) if a team can stop them more than a few times and keep em off the field with some ball control they have a good chance to win.

I would look at 49'ers for that..

I can't even pick somebody in the AFC..
          Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Well....

The way I see it right now is Packers, Saints, and Patriots have the most explosive offenses in NFL. They score nearly every time they have the ball.

Patriots have TWO top tight ends. With that kind of offensive power, there isn't a good way to stop Patriots. On the other hand, Saints have the best running back tandem of three, and as long they run the ball well, it's difficult to stop them. Packers have the best WR crops, and almost all of Pack WRs can be starters on other NFL teams.

49ers have never faced a team like that. So, in my view, their defense hasn't been truly tested. On the other hands, Saints, Packers, and Patriots all have faced good teams with excellent defenses and beat them. They're well versed in shootouts. So, one of these teams will get to Super Bowl and win it.

Dan
            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
              Well....

The way I see it right now is Packers, Saints, and Patriots have the most explosive offenses in NFL. They score nearly every time they have the ball.

Patriots have TWO top tight ends. With that kind of offensive power, there isn't a good way to stop Patriots. On the other hand, Saints have the best running back tandem of three, and as long they run the ball well, it's difficult to stop them. Packers have the best WR crops, and almost all of Pack WRs can be starters on other NFL teams.

49ers have never faced a team like that. So, in my view, their defense hasn't been truly tested. On the other hands, Saints, Packers, and Patriots all have faced good teams with excellent defenses and beat them. They're well versed in shootouts. So, one of these teams will get to Super Bowl and win it.

Dan
              The Pats aren't shabby, but don't scare the way the Saints and Pack do. The Steelers handled them well with ball control and tight coverage on their receivers.

The Steelers were much healthier then. Get all the starting LBs back and they are a threat. Oh, and it will help if the O-line blocks rather than just yells "Look out Ben!"

Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X