Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bowl Game Racket....who gets the $$$???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bowl Game Racket....who gets the $$$???

This is a very revealing article about how big a racket the bowl games really are..........and why a coalition of people would rather keep them than have a playoff!

Just more sleeze from the college game!

A small disagreement with the title because the college presidents, ADs, boosters and coaches are willing accomplices and co-equal fleecers!

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2011-12-15/news/college-football-s-fleecing-of-american-universities/

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Wow... just wow. The bowl "insiders" have a good thing going. No wonder they are resistant to restructuring. Kind of reminds me of the pay structure/benfits of our esteemed politicians. Hang em all high!

While much of this article is rehashed fill the author had already noted it goes miles in exposing the truth of why a rational ranking and playoff system have not been instituted. I had believed the participating schools were the direct financial beneficiaries. But according to the author the schools are forced to purchase thousands of tickets at premium that will go unsold. Teams are forced to arrive a week early saddling the institutions with lodging and meals again at a premium. By the time every hand extended has a check the scholls lose money.

If the srticle is correct then the feds should immediately launch a full scale investigation. No wait. That would cost too much.

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
      A small disagreement with the title because the college presidents, ADs, boosters and coaches are willing accomplices and co-equal fleecers!
      I agree 100% on that. I get tired of coaches complaining about how their players are exploited yet they will sign a million dollar shoe contract and their players have to wear those shoes and they make the money. Everyone says the NCAA is corrupt but these so called "educators" are far worse.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
        I agree 100% on that. I get tired of coaches complaining about how their players are exploited yet they will sign a million dollar shoe contract and their players have to wear those shoes and they make the money. Everyone says the NCAA is corrupt but these so called "educators" are far worse.
        I can't disagree, but when you insinuate that high level college coaches are educators you are probably 99% wrong. Damn few of them qualify for that title. Now, you wanna call them snake oil or used car salesman.......that is accuracy!Best regards,Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X