Who will get the boot/job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will get the boot/job?

So far...the 2011 NFL season has been 'interesting', to say the least. There are so many coaches that will most likely be canned after the season. Who do you think will go and who will replace them? Who do you think is in hot water but deserve more time to turn their team around?

There's talk that Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher may be returning to coaching. Andy Reid and Norv Turner will probably be let go by their respective teams.

It's going to be an interesting off season...get ready for the coaching carousel.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Well, I don't follow any of the other teams but Leslie Frazier at Minnesota needs to go, not sure where, but just go. I have no idea who would replace him but I fail to believe anyone else could do worse. Oh, and when they boot him, he needs to be made to take that sad sack McNabb with him.
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

sometimes they fire the coach for the simple reason you can't fire everybody on the team
      Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
        Well, I don't follow any of the other teams but Leslie Frazier at Minnesota needs to go, not sure where, but just go. I have no idea who would replace him but I fail to believe anyone else could do worse. Oh, and when they boot him, he needs to be made to take that sad sack McNabb with him.
        I heard Frazier will be one of those coaches who will get more time to prove himself. Zygi Wilf said Frazier will be the coach in 2012. He blames the bad season on unexpected injuries and under-performing players, not the coach. Injuries I can understand, but its the coach's job to get his players to perform, obviously he can't.

I'm pretty sure McNabb will be a bench warmer or gone altogether. He's been a miserable failure in Minnesota.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I am soooooo glad the Niners got Harbaugh. He knows how to get his players to perform. He made an immediate impact for the Niners. I haven't felt this way since the Walsh days. The Niners should lock him to a long term deal, his contract is only for 5yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
            I am soooooo glad the Niners got Harbaugh. He knows how to get his players to perform. He made an immediate impact for the Niners. I haven't felt this way since the Walsh days. The Niners should lock him to a long term deal, his contract is only for 5yrs.
            Hey!! The Siefert days wern't to bad. Well you could say they were an extension of the Waish era.
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
              Hey!! The Siefert days wern't to bad. Well you could say they were an extension of the Waish era.
              After Walsh retired, it was downhill from there. Seifert ran with the team Walsh put together for as long as he could but he wasn't able to find new raw rookie talent like Walsh did.

Comment

Looks like a couple of teams couldn't even wait for the season to end. Sparano of Miami and Haley of KC got canned today.

Comment

McNabb is already gone in Minny. He was released last week, if memory serves. It's my understanding that Norv Turner and the G.M. are gone at the end of the year. I've also heard that Andy Reid is being tuned out by the players in Philly so he is most likely gone, too.

As for Chucky and The Chin coming back, I think Gruden is done, but Cowher will come back.

Jon's brother Jay might be a name to watch, though. He's the offensive coordinator in Cincinnati, IIRC. He led the Tampa Bay Storm to a couple of AFL titles, too.
                  "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                  And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

I had my doubts about Chucky coaching in the NFL again, but I've been hearing his name tossed around too often these past few weeks. If offered the right contract and freedom to build a team as he sees fit, Chucky might return for another go. You're right about his brother Jon though. He is a Chucky clone, IMO.

I kinda feel bad for Sparano, his players liked him and they tried to turn it around halfway thru the season. Unfortunately, Sparano is not the GM and he's not the guy who is responsible to bring in the talent. The GM did not give him the offensive weapons he needed.

If Andy Reid survives to coach the Eagles next season, I would be very surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
                      McNabb is already gone in Minny. He was released last week, if memory serves.
                      Aye, you are correct. Tells you how much I have been paying attention this season especially the last few weeks. Lately I have only been checking NFL. com to see if they won or lost and how bad. Can't even bring myself to watch the game highlight any more.
                      [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                        Looks like a couple of teams couldn't even wait for the season to end. Sparano of Miami and Haley of KC got canned today.
                        Sparonos first year was his best and it was all downhill from there..

the poor guy in KC had about the most unmotivated team I have seen on the field this year.
                        Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X