Can Packers go 19-0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Packers go 19-0?

Whew...what a game it was yesterday! A great game! New York Gaints gave their best effort in trying to beat the only remaining unbeaten team, but ultimately failed. Rodgers did it in a New York minute, guiding the team to within the field goal range with just 3 seconds to go in 4th quarter.

Packers is now 12-0. I don't know whether to be happy with that or be afraid that Packers might go down as the next Patriots, going 18-0, then losing the Super Bowl. But I'm thinking Packers will have to face New Orleans Saints in NFL championship game, can Packers survive Saints? I don't know. Saints have a huge edge over them in the running game.

Nonetheless, I think Packers are capable of going 19-0, what do you say to this?

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

I have mixed feelings. As a born and bred Wisconsinite, there is a strong camp that says they can finish the regular season undefeated. I tend to agree with view as their last four opponents each have some major issues (no QB, no running game, defensive issues), but the real test comes in the postseason obviously. Home field advantage will be nice, but it is not that magical potion it once was since Atlanta beat us a few years back. I feel the Saints offense could do a number on our defense - forcing our offense to play a game of 'one up' with the Saints.

That is always the fine line with an unbeaten team (Is it better to lose to come back down to earth and regain focus OR is everybody all in and the attention to detail and work ethic is there to sustain the mission?). Personally, each week is getting tougher than the week before and there is a reason it has been about 40 years since the last undefeated team survived an entire season. If I had money on the line, I would say no - they will not go 19-0.
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

I agree wholly with you. Like you, I was born and raised up in Wisconsin, the land of BEST cheese there is in the world, but can Packers truly go 19-0? I think not, but it's now a distinct possibility that it will happen. I just hope Packers can stay focused on one game at a time.

Dan
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

I used to wait until everybody was good and hammered at the bar before asking my favorite football trivia question. It was good for a great deal of argument and wagers before somebody finally stopped and thought about it. (The set up usually involved talking about various World Series.)

"Which Superbowl Champion had a perfect post-season?"
        Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
        Hyperwar, Whats New
        World War II Resources
        The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

I think they can, but the NFL is more than any other sport, an injury driven league. A lot, and I mean a whooooooole lot rides on that.

I am a little tired of the smugness of the old Dolphins when another team loses though. As long as it doesn't involve them having to beat the Steelers to do it I am for them.

Regards,
          Dennis
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I've got faith in them...although I just hope they don't face Houston or New England in the Super Bowl; I'll be torn as to who to root for!

-Matt
            SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

of course they can go 19-0.
              it just isn't highly probable.

what were the Patriots in 2003 ?
              I think they had something like 21 straight wins if you counted their previous year right up until they won the Super Bowl

but law of averages is against the Pack.
              Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X