Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urban Meyer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Urban Meyer

    My son,the Gators fan,when he heard the rumors over the weekend,called him a 'lying traitor' He said he's lying,and he will go there. I want nothing more to do with him. He stinks. Ohio should boycott him.
    My son says he faked health issues too. He wanted this job all along.
    I'm inclined to agree. What ya'all think about it?
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • #2
    I would say get over it.... I enjoy sports but I am not a fan... because a fan gets played for the fool..

    seems while some people think of collegiate sports as being amateur, I see them as being a money machine for a select few... aka Urban Meyer got his desire back and the right offer came along..

    I think the loyalty ship that attaches one coach to one team was just sunk with Joe Paterno..


    loyalty doesn't exist

    just ask Miami Dolfin fans
    or Michigan State fans
    or LSU fans
    because at some point Saban is going to jump the Roll Tide ship..and then you can ask the Bama fans what they think if the guy.

    anyone care to wonder where Saban will go next?
    Last edited by KICK; 29 Nov 11, 10:46.
    Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thats my issue. One son loves Florida,one loves Bama. I've told him don't get too attached. Maybe I should have said that to Tyler,I think. Anyway,to me,if Saban goes,it will be to the NFL. As in Colts,Chargers,maybe even Cowboys.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Saban embarrassed himself when he was with the Dolphins, I'd be surprised anyone would hire a quitter, at least for head coach.
        "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

        Comment


        • #5
          There is no loyalty in big time sports...at least it is VERY rare. Saban will leave someday and someone WILL hire him because he wins.

          As for Florida fans - all I can say he gave you dominance for a few years (2 BCS championships) enjoy it. He will probably do the same at OSU - as much as I hate to see it because I am a Wisconsin fan. Reb you are right: don't get attached because nothing lasts forever.
          "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
          -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

          Comment


          • #6
            The biggest betrayal? Bobby Petrino. Mister 'I am here for the rest of the SOOOEY PIG!'.
            Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

            "I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

            What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

            Comment


            • #7
              My issue isn't with college coaches breaking a contract.........it is with the players not being allowed to do the same! Coach X can jump ship at will, but player Y must forfeit a year of eligibility!

              Just another example of the hypocrisy that permeates college football throughout D-1!

              Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

              Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                My issue isn't with college coaches breaking a contract.........it is with the players not being allowed to do the same! Coach X can jump ship at will, but player Y must forfeit a year of eligibility!

                Just another example of the hypocrisy that permeates college football throughout D-1!

                Regards,
                Dennis
                I couldn't agree more with you. And - it is not just D1, but D2, NAIA, and NJCAA (2 year colleges) = if you sign the letter of intent you are pretty much locked in for that year no matter what = no matter the sport.
                "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

                Comment


                • #9
                  Who is worse. Urban Meyer who left Florida when he knew he was going to have a few down years or Pete Carroll ,who bailed on USC before the tidal wave of sanctions landed on their doorstep?

                  It's true, the fans do get played for fools at times. I think we just have to remember that anything that involves human beings is going to be flawed. Hopefully, the good will far outweigh the bad.
                  God Save The Republic.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                    There is no loyalty in big time sports...at least it is VERY rare. Saban will leave someday and someone WILL hire him because he wins.

                    As for Florida fans - all I can say he gave you dominance for a few years (2 BCS championships) enjoy it. He will probably do the same at OSU - as much as I hate to see it because I am a Wisconsin fan. Reb you are right: don't get attached because nothing lasts forever.
                    Being an OSU fan- we are still shell-shocked over the whole thing with Tressel letting his players run amuck.... Then "deer-in-the-headlights" Fickell (poor guy) has to step in and pick up the reigns. After that kind of chaos, Mr. Meyer will have his hands full rebuilding the program. He will also have to learn the basic tenet of Ohio State football: BEAT MICHIGAN! Something Earl Bruce and John Cooper never really learned.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jthomas View Post
                      Being an OSU fan- we are still shell-shocked over the whole thing with Tressel letting his players run amuck.... Then "deer-in-the-headlights" Fickell (poor guy) has to step in and pick up the reigns. After that kind of chaos, Mr. Meyer will have his hands full rebuilding the program. He will also have to learn the basic tenet of Ohio State football: BEAT MICHIGAN! Something Earl Bruce and John Cooper never really learned.
                      I have a strong feeling he WILL beat Michigan...and Wisconsin...and MSU...etc. I don't see him taking more than a few years to get you guys back to business as usual. Great for the Big 10. Bad for me.
                      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
                        Who is worse. Urban Meyer who left Florida when he knew he was going to have a few down years or Pete Carroll ,who bailed on USC before the tidal wave of sanctions landed on their doorstep?
                        That is a tough one. I think Urban only has himself to blame for Florida being average the past two years (average for them) because a program is only as good as the guys you recruit. Recruit C+ players and that is all you will be. I mean FSU and Miami did not leave Florida in the dust in the past two recruiting classes, so the question begs 'Who is taking all of Florida's top high school players?' Now start looking at schools in the past two years that have really risen...South Carolina, Bama, Auburn, Clemson. You let top players get recruited right out of your own state and you only have yourself to blame. Florida fans are pissed because the current guy is 6-6 and they miss being top dog.

                        As for Pete Carroll, I think this is worse because he IS responsible for what happened at USC. Jumping ship to avoid punishment and/or censure shows his true character and what he is all about. BUT, the school must accept some blame as they knew what he was all about when they hired him. If you hire a shady guy don't be surprised when things go bad.
                        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                          You let top players get recruited right out of your own state and you only have yourself to blame.
                          Yeah- for instance, I was stunned when I heard how many great Michigan players actually came from Ohio! I don't follow football things that closely, but it was on a TV special about the OSU-Michigan rivalry. We have only ourselves to blame....
                          Traitors.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jthomas View Post
                            Yeah- for instance, I was stunned when I heard how many great Michigan players actually came from Ohio! I don't follow football things that closely, but it was on a TV special about the OSU-Michigan rivalry. We have only ourselves to blame....
                            Traitors.
                            The coaches have taught the players well.............they are acting just like them!

                            Not traitors, just folks with a keen eye for judging career opportunities!

                            Regards,
                            Dennis
                            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

                            Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have no respect for him anymore. And what I said to dad I stand behind.
                              Spurrier got chomped in the swamp. Oh Hell Yeah!

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X