Running up the score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running up the score

Sometimes a team can't help it but 100 - 2 is way over the line.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-wp9112
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Do you really think so? A contest is not decided until the parameters for the match have been met. If your foe is overmatched, is that your fault? In this instance, the coach of the superior team took his starters out two minutes into the game and told his team to quit playing defense completely in the second half. What other measures should he have taken? Tell his team to just hold the ball? Like it or not, the reserves want to get some quality playing time, too. Should they be denied? 100-2 is unfortunate, but not worthy of cancelling a teams entire season.
    "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
    And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

I have a hard time believing that the coach really told them to not play defense if their opponets only scored two points. I do not blame the players though because the players suppose to play hard.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Lopsided victories can and do happen in any sport at any level. Absent any intentional, premeditated unsportsman like conduct by the coach of the victorious team that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I personally hate it when a team backs off. Run that score up!
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

These are the times that try Highschool athletic kids' souls...times that call for innovative attacks on the opfor's capacity to wage 'the game.' Think outside of the box. Throwup an elbow when you can position your body to block the ref's view. Spike their gatorate with laxatives. Look up their best highest-scoring player, and slash his mom's car tire so he can't get a ride to school for the game that day!

Think creatively kids!! Out of the box! Never Again!!!

Comment

The kids that lost didnt quit. They came back on the court for the second half. AND, I'll bet they show up for every game the rest of the season.
              They're winners in my book!!!!
              John
              The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
              It's truly a simple concept.
              Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X