• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of an Era for Raider Nation.

The owner of the Oakland Raiders has passed. He was 82

RIP Mr. Davis.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/70...-davis-dies-82
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

May he RIP
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
    "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

I don't think Al Davis is capable of resting in peace
      but the NFL will miss him.

RIP
      Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Sorry to see Mr. Davis pass. He did some innovative things for the Raiders, and made them a very entertaining team for a number of years while he was at his peak. He was also an impediment to the league as a whole. Like most of us, a mix of the good and smart and not so good and dumb. Rest in Peace Al.

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

RIP, Mr. Davis. Love you or hate you; nobody could ignore you.
          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Doggone it.
            Al Davis passed away?
            The longer I live, the more it happens.
            Just an observation.
            When I think of Al Davis, I think of Charile Finley the owner of the Oakland Athletics.
            Both were refreshing personalities when I was a kid growing up.
            Wish you well, Mr. Davis.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

The man was special. There's no denying that. The younger generation probably thought of him as the crazy old guy in the bizarre leisure suits that owned a losing football team, but to those of us who were around in the 60's and 70's when the "Raider Nation" ruled, he was something else. He helped make the NFL the powerhouse it is today. Rest in peace Al, you were unique.
              If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

Just Win, Baby!

RIP

Comment

There will never be another Al Davis.
                  “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                  ― Groucho Marx

Comment

What I will always remember also. Just win baby. And the teams with Stabler and Casper. They were so unreal.
                    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Interesting article by Rick Reilly at ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...itment-honesty
                      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Very interesting. And the troubling thing of the parent passing and the children selling the team to some businessman who probably doesn't give a rat's ass about football or people.
                        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Soon to be Las Vegas Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                            Soon to be Las Vegas Raiders.
                            Are all the gangs planning on moving to Vegas to be with their team?
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                              Very interesting. And the troubling thing of the parent passing and the children selling the team to some businessman who probably doesn't give a rat's ass about football or people.
                              It's about making money, not about football and never about people.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X