Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Football Stadium

Gov. Jerry Brown signs bill (SB 292)

Looks like Los Angeles will finally get another football stadium. The next hurdle will be luring a NFL team to SoCal.

When LA lost the Raiders and the Rams, I was shocked that a big city with a many football fans will be without a team to root for.

Gov. Brown signs bill to boost LA stadium plan

By CHRISTINA HOAG, Associated Press
    LOS ANGELES (AP)—The developer behind a $1.2 billion plan to build a football stadium in downtown Los Angeles got a key boost Tuesday with a law that will help it avoid lengthy court fights.
    Billing the measure as a job creation push, Gov. Jerry Brown signed the bill (SB 292) at a Los Angeles Convention Center ceremony with executives from Anschutz Entertainment Group, which is proposing to build a 72,000-seat stadium next to the convention center.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfl-losangeles
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Yeah, 'cause we all know that Angelinos are such passionate sports fans.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

LA needs the NFL a whoooooooollllllle lot worse than the NFL needs LA!

I don't see why public money needs to be involved. The NFL is a cash cow. Get the franchise first.....build the stadium second and save the taxpayers a bundle.

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

The teams I've heard going there are the Chargers, Vikings or Raiders. It's said that the Chargers are the frontrunners.
        "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
        And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Where is Governor Brown going to get the money, isn't California broke? With all the budget problems they have enough money to build a football stadium? This sure tells the Californians where Brown's focus is!

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Yeah, 'cause we all know that Angelinos are such passionate sports fans.
            • I was a Lakers fan.
            • A Rams fan.
            • A Raiders fan.
            • An Angels fan.
            • Dodgers...sigh...
            "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Californy is a big and powerful state.
              It can handle the building of a new stadium.
              I personally don't want it.
              Calfornia isn't Podunk.
              "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                Where is Governor Brown going to get the money, isn't California broke? With all the budget problems they have enough money to build a football stadium? This sure tells the Californians where Brown's focus is!

Pruitt
                CA has no money, the money will come from Obama's new jobs bill. Why to you think he's emphasising the numbers of jobs it will create.
                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
                  The teams I've heard going there are the Chargers, Vikings or Raiders. It's said that the Chargers are the frontrunners.
                  I have seen the Chargers, Jaguars, and Vikings... not sure what crazy-Al would do .
                  SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                    LA needs the NFL a whoooooooollllllle lot worse than the NFL needs LA!

I don't see why public money needs to be involved. The NFL is a cash cow. Get the franchise first.....build the stadium second and save the taxpayers a bundle.

Regards,
                    Dennis
                    Who said public money was involved? The stadium will be named "Farmers Field" because Farmers Insurance has committed over $700 million to the cost of the project. The only public money I'm aware of is the block grant for $1 million to get the architectural firm to move downtown.

Anschutz is a great guy who will get this project done on a first class basis and it would not surprise me to see him "one up" Jerry Jones' Cowboys Stadium.

I don't know which team LA will get but my preference would be to return the Rams to their true home.

Comment

lotta people didn't know the LA Rams started out in Cleveland OH.
                      Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by KICK View Post
                        lotta people didn't know the LA Rams started out in Cleveland OH.
                        All the LA teams are/were transplants. The Minneapolis Lakers and Brooklyn Dodgers and Otto Graham led the Cleveland Rams back in the day.

The State and City are broke so unless this is a privately funded deal I can't see how anyone can advocate this a public expenditure.
                        God Save The Republic.

Comment

Didn't the NFL talk about expanding recently? This might be the forerunner to expanding to 34 teams.

-Matt
                          SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X