Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My solution to Illegal immigration on the southern border and beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My solution to Illegal immigration on the southern border and beyond.

Hello everyone. I have become obsessed with illegal immigration into the United States as of late. I have read threads, read Wikipedia, talked to people and watched you-tube videos. Here is a list of my suggestions. I already know nothing will ever improve. But if I was in charge...

1. Build the wall. This is the United States of America. Sometimes you find the money. I have read that around the world there are walls that are effective. It doesn't have to be as nice as the wall Trump wants, but you-tube shows movies where people are pouring in. No wall. No fence. Nothing. Disgusting.

2. Tamper free national ID cards.

3. I hear it's very expensive financially to become a citizen. Make it $100.00. For people without the means who want to become a citizen legally, help them out. We will look good to the world.

4. Vastly expand the resources needed to speed up the process to become a citizen.

5. Abolish the right for a baby born in the United States to be a citizen from a non-citizen mother.

6. Once the wall is in place, and the process of becoming a citizen is running smoothly, and everyone has an ID card, we suck it up and offer citizenship to all the illegals in our country. If we catch one who is illegal after all the efforts we have made, throw them over the wall.
    Last edited by Slug; 08 Dec 19, 09:16.
    "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Oi, what a potential minefield of a topic. But, ok, I'll be THAT guy.... so, and with respect:

I guess my first question is: Are you really sure this is a problem that needs solving? Here in Canada, we had a right leaning party who tried to make it an issue on the level of the US, but the data clearly showed illegal immigration was a paltry, trivial trickle compared to our legal immigration and the attempt died on the vine (except for those whose real motive was racism in the first place).

Now, the US is not Canada, to be sure. But I think the question still stands. Data on impact seems to be hard to find. There is a 2007 study by the CBO that suggests that, over the period under study, that tax revenue received from illegal immigrants exceeded monies paid for public services they consumed. And current data seems to indicate that illegal immigration to the US has actually been declining in the past few years.

I suspect there will be a "impact doesn't matter, it's illegal" argument, which is certainly valid. But at that point, I also think it's fair to ask: Just how much money are you willing to invest to make the problem go away. IF you can make the problem go away. Points 1, 2, 4, and 6 in your list cost money. Is there a cap on what you'd be willing to see invested?

Are you sure this is your top priority?

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
      Hello everyone. I have become obsessed with illegal immigration into the United States as of late. I have read threads, read Wikipedia, talked to people and watched you-tube videos. Here is a list of my suggestions. I already know nothing will ever improve. But if I was in charge...

1. Build the wall. This is the United States of America. Sometimes you find the money. I have read that around the world there are walls that are effective. It doesn't have to be as nice as the wall Trump wants, but you-tube shows movies where people are pouring in. No wall. No fence. Nothing. Disgusting.

3. I hear it's very expensive financially to become a citizen. Make it $100.00. For people without the means who want to become a citizen legally, help them out. We will look good to the world.

4. Vastly expand the resources needed to speed up the process to become a citizen.

5. Abolish the right for a baby born in the United States to be a citizen from a non-citizen mother.

6. Once the wall is in place, and the process of becoming a citizen is running smoothly, and everyone has an ID card, we suck it up and offer citizenship to all the illegals in our country. If we catch one who is illegal after all the efforts we have made, throw them over the wall.
      First of all, there is not such thing as "illegal immigration". Immigration is a fully documented, legal process. Sneaking into America is a criminal act. Why would any of us want to offer free citizenship to criminals who knowingly broke international law, and are therefore Federal criminals under our own laws? Take a good look at how Mexico treats Americans who sneak into their country. And why do we need more people in a nation struggling with a failing economy, and who show little sign of wanting to assimilate?

Secondly, there is no such thing as a tamper-proof national ID. Passports themselves are constantly forged and they work just fine. There is always a way to successfully fake whatever ID makes money.

No benefits whatsoever to illegals. Benefits of any kind simply attract more and more, and serve as a reverse incentive.

No anchor babies, no anchor families, period. This is not some game show with prizes for everybody.

Hire the Russians or the Israelis to build the wall and show us how to make it virtually foolproof. Both those nations have done it themselves. Anyone illegal who is rounded up should never be allowed into America again for any reason. And bill the Mexican nation for the complete costs of their detection, incarceration and return. No matter what South American nation they are from, they all pass freely through Mexico; therefore, Mexico is responsible. Mexico can charge it to the nation of origin, the some way insurance companies pass on costs to other companies.

Set a very high price on the life of any American citizen murdered by any illegal, and charge that cost to both Mexico and the nation of origin as the principle cause of that citizen's death. We have the means to force payment, and money speaks to those nations while words and laws mean nothing at all to them.

Most importantly: grow a set and use them. Charge any politician who resists strengthening our borders with treason and put them away for life in solitary under the Patriot Act and other anti-terrorism statutes. That will eliminate political tampering with national security and the war on drugs, and at the same time clearly identify the anti-American politicians now in office and remove them from positions of public trust. This , in turn, will send a clear message to all politicians. National security is not a political matter. It is mandated on behalf of all American citizens, and vital to the safety of our nation.

If all else fails, call illegal entrants an act of war and militarize the borders. That will eliminate fighting useless foreign wars as a means of employing our military forces and keeping the industrial-military contractors employed, and it will provide a lot of practical experience and training for the troops. Why fight a useless war in a hot, sandy country when we have our very own hot, sandy battleground right here at home. Fight cheaper and smarter.

What we are doing now is worse than half-assed and is costing us a fortune in exchange for nothing. Maybe Congress should pay for the illegals out of their own pockets. Nothing works better than a direct cash incentive, and there is no legal right to force citizens to pay for the refusal of or government to do its job. Those lazy work for us and represent us. Time to get to it.
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 08 Dec 19, 16:24.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Big Anchor babies....
        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          And bill the Mexican nation for the complete costs of their detection, incarceration and return. No matter what South American nation they are from, they all pass freely through Mexico; therefore, Mexico is responsible. Mexico can charge it to the nation of origin, the some way insurance companies pass on costs to other companies.

Set a very high price on the life of any American citizen murdered by any illegal, and charge that cost to both Mexico and the nation of origin as the principle cause of that citizen's death. We have the means to force payment, and money speaks to those nations while words and laws mean nothing at all to them.
          You don't have the means to force payment, nor moral grounds to do so, nor any other means to push this completely ridiculous solution. Not to mention that any such law would bankrupt your own police force, military, and government.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

I can agree with points three and six, but I would waterslide them over the wall....

Mexico always needs water - and wetbacks...

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
              [/I][/B]

I can agree with points three and six, but I would waterslide them over the wall....

Mexico always needs water - and wetbacks...
              Oh my God marktwain! I don't know if you can say that.
              "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Oh my God marktwain! I don't know if you can say that.
                Mexicans have a machismo attitude to danger, Slug....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X