Thanksgiving menu............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
    We're still arguing this here at the house. My wife is from Baton Rouge and keeps trying to convince me Gumbo is part of the traditional Thanksgiving menu. I have to keep reminding her she's not in Louisiana any more.
    I lived in Cajun country (Acadia) for several years and gumbo is definitely on the menu for the traditional household. Living down there fueled my interest in learning to cook and now I can say with pride that I can make a mean gumbo and jambalaya anyday of the week.
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Standard Turkey day fare over here at my place. That is fine with me though because I only get to eat a spread like that but once a year.
      "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Same here, trigger!

-Matt
        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
          Standard Turkey day fare over here at my place. That is fine with me though because I only get to eat a spread like that but once a year.
          We stick to traditional out our house as well for Thanksgiving. But we mix it up for Christmas.
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

We've done that before, too! I think we had KFC for dinner one Christmas! Not that I was complaining, mind you!

-Matt

Comment

KFC's biggest day is always Mother's Day.

Normally Christmas looks almost identical to Thanksgiving in our family, but I have cooked a prime rib over a charcoal grill that turned out to be a winner.
              RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Here's a link with great vegi ideas/recipes, for those who are vegetarians.

Or will have family/friends over for Thanksgiving dinner that are.

How to Go Vegetarian on Thanksgiving
                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                  Here's a link with great vegi ideas/recipes, for those who are vegetarians.

Or will have family/friends over for Thanksgiving dinner that are.

How to Go Vegetarian on Thanksgiving

In my house we don't allow that kind of crap. If you're invited and a vegen, stay home or go to bed hungry, it's your choice. A tofurky wouldn't be allowed a spot on the table, actually it wouldn't even be allowed in the house, and you would be forced to sit at the kiddie table.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                    In my house we don't allow that kind of crap. If you're invited and a vegen, stay home or go to bed hungry, it's your choice. A tofurky wouldn't be allowed a spot on the table, actually it wouldn't even be allowed in the house, and you would be forced to sit at the kiddie table.

I completely agree with you in spirit but unfortunately I am outnumbered.

My family (+extended family) consists of liberal Democrats and half of them are Vegetarians.

They attack me mercilessly every holiday get-together on my conservative political views.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

My family (+extended family) consists of liberal Democrats and half of them are Vegetarians.

They attack me mercilessly every holiday get-together on my conservative political views.

Goog God woman! Well, I guess I have one more thing to add to my list of things to be thankful for.

Here's a good way to get them good and pissed off. Tell them that they can't be vegens, but are in fact vampires, because they suck the blood of their entire nation.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Good lord. What did you do in a past life to deserve that?
                        RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                          Here's a good way to get them good and pissed off. Tell them that they can't be vegens, but are in fact vampires, because they suck the blood of their entire nation.
                          NICE! Although I'm sure the fans of Team Edward wouldn't appreciate the vampire reference. (Just so we don't have any misunderstandings, my girlfriend's a Twilight fan...that's how I know about Team Edward.)

-Matt

Comment

Approved by PETA, the Vegan Turkey:

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

What is that made of?

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                                What is that made of?

-Matt
                                Delicious 100% non-meat products.
                                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X