Thanksgiving menu............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving menu............

So..........what's on the menu for Thanksgiving this year?

Looks like another year of standard fare at our house, what about you?
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    So..........what's on the menu for Thanksgiving this year?

Looks like another year of standard fare at our house, what about you?
    Tur-Duc-Hen Roll from The Cajun Turkey Company...

"This is a Chicken Breast, Duck Breast, Turkey Breast all ROLLED UP with a link of Cajun Sausage right in the middle."

Mr. Billy's Cajun Market
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

YUMMMMMMMOOO!
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post

"This is a Chicken Breast, Duck Breast, Turkey Breast all ROLLED UP with a link of Cajun Sausage right in the middle."

Mr. Billy's Cajun Market
        Now that has my attention! I've never had duck. How would you describe the flavor compared to chicken or turkey?
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Now that has my attention! I've never had duck. How would you describe the flavor compared to chicken or turkey?
          Duck breast tastes more like London Broil than like chicken or turkey.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Every year, our family reserves a whole roasted piglet from a Chinese restaurant for $150.

Of course we will have the traditional Thanksgiving fare but we usually have other dishes as well.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Here's a question for the cooks in the house. Is it better to get two smaller turkeys than one big turkey? Two hens as opposed to one big tom? I've heard that the hens are juicier, plus you could use two different recipes and the cooking time would be reduced with both turkeys being cooked at the same time.
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Turkey
                Chicken Dressing
                Mashed taters, precious
                Sweet taters
                Green Bean casserole
                Corn on the cob
                Hawaiian rolls
                Several different pies
                "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Here's a question for the cooks in the house. Is it better to get two smaller turkeys than one big turkey? Two hens as opposed to one big tom? I've heard that the hens are juicier, plus you could use two different recipes and the cooking time would be reduced with both turkeys being cooked at the same time.
                  Its a question of taste imo. If you want juicy birds fill the cavity with butter .

If you are going to do two small rather than one large, make them different. Different rubs, different stuffings and different flavoured butters between skin and flesh are good. However, one 12Ibs chicken looks better than 2 6Ibs's in my view.
                  Personally I go one chicken and one lamb joint. Size depends on how many days I want cold leftovers, stews and curries.
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Traditional fare for us this year. As fate would have it, we're not going anywhere so it's just my wife and the two kids. (and three dogs)

I love a big holiday feast, but once every few years we get dealt a hand where we can't travel and no one can come and visit. Those intimate Thanksgivings are also nice in their own way.

Anyway, the only thing I'm trying to do different this year is to persuade my wife to let me buy a fryer for the turkey. Amazon has one for $100 that will cook up to a 17 pound bird indoors, and is apparently foolproof. I'm nobody's fool, but I've heard enough nightmare stories of people burning down the house or garage that I'm more than happy to try to do this with some training wheels.

Other than that, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, and of course green bean casserole.

If for some reason we don't get the fryer, we'll bake the bird in a bag. Typically I'll rub butter all under the skin. Yum.
                    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Traditional [for my house anyway]

My wife isn't getting back until a day or two before turkey day so we will not be having guests or turkey either.

Since I'm cooking it will probably be our standby, corned eye-of-round in the slow cooker.
                      Attached Files
                      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

We're still arguing this here at the house. My wife is from Baton Rouge and keeps trying to convince me Gumbo is part of the traditional Thanksgiving menu. I have to keep reminding her she's not in Louisiana any more.
                        [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
                          We're still arguing this here at the house. My wife is from Baton Rouge and keeps trying to convince me Gumbo is part of the traditional Thanksgiving menu. I have to keep reminding her she's not in Louisiana any more.
                          We just moved out of BR.

I'd add gumbo to the menu any day of the week, though!

And I almost forgot; we have a homemade cranberry sauce we like to make with some blueberries. That'll be on on the menu, too. (and now I'm getting hungry)
                          RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post

Mr. Billy's Cajun Market
                            That ain't turducen, turducken is best when you do it yourself.

Get one small chicken and stuff that into one medium size duck, then stuff it into one large turkey. Once done you then get a 25 gallon steel bin and pour enough oil to cover the concoction and then drop the concoction into the boiling oil and wait for about 15 minuted and voila, you throw the horrible concoction out and have beer and pizza.

Comment

Since it's just me and Mom, our fare's simple: turkey, asparagus (one of the few times of the year we have it), crescent rolls, jellied cranberry sauce (when I was little I called it 'red guff'), and some homemade sweet potatoes.

The Ellzey Family Homemade Sweet Potatoes
                              Mom whips them up like mashed potatoes, then puts a lot of brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice in them, then pours it into a casserole dish, sticks the big marshmallows on top, and puts it in the oven to let the marshmallows melt. Major YUM hot or cold the next morning for breakfast!

-Matt
                              SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X