X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
    Now any mystery meals that smell a bit gets tossed, even the ones that have developed language skills.
    It only takes one time to learn that horrible lesson. And what is even worse, you may feel fine after just a couple days, don't eat because it'll just kick back in. It's like a stomach virus that lasts for a week or two.

Leave a comment:

• triggerjockey
    replied
    Even though it's no big deal, I always like the trimming of mold off of cheese before getting down to the usable stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Roddoss72
    replied
    Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
    IIRC the cheap wine goes into the pot, the good wine goes into the cook.
    I had found several pots of mystery meals and smelled them, and i thought they are a bit whiffy, but i'll chance it and so i added a bucket load of curry and chili. and cooked it, it smelled rather nice, so i thought it's ok, well i ate the stuff and it tasted less than ordinary, about 3 hours later i felt it gurgling away in the old guts, i knew this was not going to end in a pretty way, so i mistakenly thought i ain't gunna waste this meal and i drank a bucket load of water to keep it down.

Well an hour later Mr. Salmonella and Mrs. Gastroenteritis came a calling and had the worst case of the squirts at both ends. I was in bad shape for at least a week. Now any mystery meals that smell a bit gets tossed, even the ones that have developed language skills.

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
    You? Or the meat?

IIRC the cheap wine goes into the pot, the good wine goes into the cook.

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    The proper marinade gan work wonders!
    You? Or the meat?

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    Two year old frozen deer steaks... mostly edible because of .
    The proper marinade gan work wonders!

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Two year old frozen deer steaks... mostly edible because of .

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    started a topic Cleaning out the fridge.

Cleaning out the fridge.

Well actually I set a new record yesterday. I'm a geographic bachelor this week so I decided to rummage through the `fridge and the freezer and see what was going from "no longer fresh" to "archeological find".

I came up with 3# of chuck steak dated 2005! and a 1# bag of mixed vegies that had a couple of pin holes in it. After I trimmed the meat I still had over 2# that looked decent so I browned it and made stew in the slow cooker. The slow cooker seems to rehydrate those bits that are past jerky but not quite fully freeze dried. It actually came out pretty edible.

So what's the worst food item you've ever discovered and still managed to turn into a successful meal? (No )

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X