Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations for dining in the Pigeon Forge\Gatlinburg area of Tennessee? We are going there Saturday for a week.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Here are some from the recent trip to Alaska/Yukon. All of them are great places to eat in the Great North!

Anchorage: Snow City Café: breakfast and lunch only, 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM.

Fairbanks: Big Daddy's BBQ

Whitehorse: Klondike Rib and Salmon Barbecue

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Harold's Country Club in Yemassee, SC is an old gas station/garage/country store that looks like it is out in the middle of nowhere. We went on a Saturday and I had one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Don't let the outside fool you! Reservations are a must, and you order your steak when you make your reservation.

Yemassee also used to be the end of the train ride for young men heading to Paris Island.

http://www.haroldscountryclub.com/

Regards,
        Dennis

Comment

There are two good diners I like. Richard's Restaurant on Highway 90 in Sulphur, LA serves an awesome Meatball Stew on Thursdays. Get there early! I also like the Texas Grill just North of Shepard Texas on Highway 59. They offer one pound baked potatoes and a variety of custom hamburgers and steak. I laughed my rear end off watching my oldest grandson trying to finish his half pound Chipotle Burger! He was crying! He also got a doggie bag and took it home with him! I paid almost $200 for seven people there when my #2 grandson graduated. Get there early to get your choice of desserts. I like the Cheesecake.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

If you happen to be in St. Louis ...

Struggling Artist Turns Fry Cook Job into Successful Pancake Art Career

Today, Dan Drake, aka ‘Dancakes’, is known as one of the world’s most talented pancake artists, but few people know that he never planned, nor trained for this career. He was just a guy flipping fried foods at a diner to make ends meet, but his artistic talent catapulted him to international fame.

Dan had always had a talent for drawing, but never really considered turning it into a career. In high-school, he would doodle and draw comics in the back of the classroom out of boredom, and dreamed of becoming a renowned musician with his band, Psychedelic Psycho Nuts. While trying to get his musical career off the ground, Drake got a job as a fry cook at the Courtesy Diner, in his home city of St. Louis. Because he needed to earn his chops, he was placed on the slow shifts, which resulted in few tips but a lot of time on his hands. It was on one of these shifts that he got his feet wet in the world of pancake art.
            https://www.odditycentral.com/art/st...rt-career.html

Some very interesting illustrations/photos of his work included.

Comment

Add Nick's Steak and Seafood to the list. They are on Hilton Head Island. I had Shecrab soup that was good. Their pierogis are dynamite! Everybit as good as my mom and grandmother made! There were 4 in our party and all were well pleased with their meals.

Regards,
              Dennis

Comment

The Texas Grill had a fire in the kitchen and closed shop!

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

This article seems to make it sound like a Texas thing, so FWIW.
                  We have a couple DQs here in my county and they seem to be doing fine. One is just wrapping up an exterior remodel.
                  I find their "Deluxe Burger"(Budget Menu item) to be a great buy. One of best "cheap" burgers I've come across and even comes with lettuce leaf and tomato slices.!

A Farewell to Dairy Queens

A spate of closures of the iconic restaurant chain has left many communities in the lurch.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/a...=pocket-newtab

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X