Great Tasting Cheap Wines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Tasting Cheap Wines

I'm talking about the wines you can get for $8-$12 (American) a bottle, depending on the discounts, at any supermarket.

I tried Concha y Toro red from Chile, it was like $8 for a huge 1.5L bottle and it was really good. There was nothing wrong with the taste. Concha y Toro also has white varieties which I haven't tried...

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

And here I thought you would be singing the praise of MD 20/20
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      And here I thought you would be singing the praise of MD 20/20
      Completely clueless as to what you are saying. What's MD 20/20? A wine brand? That would be the weirdest name yet.

Comment

Boone's Farm Sangria taste like real Sangria from Spain.

MD 20/20 info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-end_fortified_wine

If you ever hear anybody taking about Kicken Chinken they are talking about Thunderbird from the above list.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
          Boone's Farm Sangria taste like real Sangria from Spain.

MD 20/20 info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-end_fortified_wine

If you ever hear anybody taking about Kicken Chinken they are talking about Thunderbird from the above list.
          LOL, that's terrific educational material for me. Thanks, I will read carefully.

Comment

In the early days of my time in the military you couldn't afford much more than the cheap stuff on $73 per month. God what aful stuff it was/is.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

You can get "clean skins" here for around $4. Good wine that hasn't got a makers label on it due to over production. Sometimes you can get some top quality wine for that money.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Trader Joes has a very cheap wine that folks have nicknamed "2 Buck Chuck". I had it and it is drinkable. Of course if you can afford better, by all means, do so. But for those on a tight budget, this isn't all that bad. I see lots of shoppers at Trader Joes carting the stuff off by the cases.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Nathanson Creek Chardonnay
                  ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                  IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

A lot of the Spanish wines are cheap and good, as are some of the Aussie Shiraz's.

Comment

My mate in Bend OR takes great delight in letting me know he has a wine shop there that carries a lot of Australian wines.

He bought some the other day at TWO dollars 99c for a 750ml bottle.

It was a Griffith NSW Chardonnay I think and he said it tasted great.

Not the best area in OZ, but the price improves the taste out of sight.

John.
                      The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Folks we have gone over the Big Two, Thunderbird and MD 20/20 (Mad dog!), one thing my mother-in-law sold a lot of to winos was something called "Old California White Wine". I still remember one guy that would drink it and take a nap in the street.

I remember going on a Thursday night date with my future ex wife. It was expensive to buy the tickets to the football game, but I was able to afford a bottle of another old classic "Bali Hai". I just had change left, so I looked up and saw a pint bottle priced 39 cents! Like an idiot, I bought it. I shared the Bali Hai with my date and her best friend, but I let them drink the 39 cent wine! I found out my date got very mean on wine. Too bad I did not take the hint...

There are a lot of good buys out there but take it from me, never buy a wine for 39 cents!

Probably my favorite cheap wine was the batch my great Uncle made and had me sample! You could always use what was left to clean the bath tub...

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                          Trader Joes has a very cheap wine that folks have nicknamed "2 Buck Chuck". I had it and it is drinkable. Of course if you can afford better, by all means, do so. But for those on a tight budget, this isn't all that bad. I see lots of shoppers at Trader Joes carting the stuff off by the cases.

Two Buck Chuck Merlot isn't bad... Trader Joes is a good place to check out for the cheeper wines... chip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X