The (lowly) hot dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philiplaos View Post
    That's right. That's exactly what happened to the dog in my profile picture!

So what is a corn dog?

Philip
    A hot dog with a stick shoved in it's ass, dipped in cornbread batter, and deep fried.

Skip

Comment

Thanks!

Apart from all those great-sounding dressings you put around the hot dog, what is actually inside the dog? Growing up in the U.K., we were told that hot dogs just contained the scraps and leftovers scraped up off the butcher's floor.

Not right?

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

That's right. That's exactly what happened to the dog in my profile picture!
        I know Philip.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Thanks!

Apart from all those great-sounding dressings you put around the hot dog, what is actually inside the dog? Growing up in the U.K., we were told that hot dogs just contained the scraps and leftovers scraped up off the butcher's floor.

Not right?

Philip
          Depends, I found out through a summer job once* that hot dogs are sometimes made with "scrap meat" for example meat scraped off the head that can't be sold and would go wasted otherwise. I suppose it depends on the quality of the dogs and for sausages in general. Nothing beats a good American hotdog or European sausage. With beer or a nice frosty soft drink of course.

Sorry about your real dog.

*Will explain my summer job another time, might put some folks here off their dinner. It was not an ordinary slaughterhouse job.

Comment

For me it has to be a toss up between a chili Dog or a corn Dog(Called a Dippy Dog in these parts)

If no dogs are in the house I would settle good old fried Bologna with fried potatos.
            The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not.
            Ian Hogg

Comment

Chicago style is my preferred way to eat a hot dog.

Followed closely by the Detroit style "Coney."
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coney_Island_hot_dog
              "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

Originally posted by HiredGoon View Post
                Oh yeah, baBY!!!! Nice one. I like being down in the Yucatan and being able to get something like that for a buck!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X