The (lowly) hot dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The (lowly) hot dog

Whether you call them hot dogs, weiners, tube steaks, red hots, franks, furts, or whatever, you must have a preference. Be it brands, styles, skinless or not. Let us know how YOU feel about America's #1 cookout treat. (Have we done this thread before?) What do you put on them? What kind of bread/roll/bun do you prefer them on? What about accompaniments? Let it all hang out here.
    Me? Schoenlander premium natural casing. Toasted hot dog roll with brown mustard, dill relish and a shake of celery salt. Put them on a plate with B&M Baked Beans (original recipe) and canned brown bread with raisins. That's Saturday night supper.

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

I like the Brightleaf brand, regular roll, mustard and chili... that's it, plain but tasty.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Just make me one with everything! (I'm a Buddhist.)
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

I like mine with sauerkraut (heated-up with onions and bacon), some dijon mustard and a spicy relish. drool, drool

Comment

Hot dogs. One of the essential food groups IMHO.

Can't go wrong with a chili dog or a kraut dog from Arbetter.

Sure am hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
            Hot dogs. One of the essential food groups IMHO.

Can't go wrong with a chili dog or a kraut dog from Arbetter.

Sure am hungry!
            Me, too! What is a chili dog?

Philip
            "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

It's a hot dog with chili on it!
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Thumann's hot dogs kick ass. Lately I've been getting stuff like Johnsonville Beddar Cheddars and stuff like that.

For "regular" dogs I like Nathan's, Best's, and Oscar Meyers.
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                  Thumann's hot dogs kick ass. Lately I've been getting stuff like Johnsonville Beddar Cheddars and stuff like that.

Comment

1) Grilled Brat's with sauerkraut, sauteed onions and horseradish mustard.

2) Grilled Ballpark Franks with mustard, homemade chili, shredded cheese & diced onions. Or with mustard & pickle relish.

3) Grilled Hot Links with sauerkraut & mustard.
                    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

This is so unfair! The only dogs being eaten within a thousand miles of where I am are .......................!

Philip

Comment

I like my hotdog served between my wife's very own buns.
                        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                          1) Grilled Brat's with sauerkraut, sauteed onions and horseradish mustard.

2) Grilled Ballpark Franks with mustard, homemade chili, shredded cheese & diced onions. Or with mustard & pickle relish.

3) Grilled Hot Links with sauerkraut & mustard.
                          I'll have three of the first option in number 2 please!

What's a corn dog?

Philip

Comment

Originally posted by philiplaos View Post
                            This is so unfair! The only dogs being eaten within a thousand miles of where I am are .......................!

Philip

I fully expected this from you Philip. This dog is not food!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong Phil, I know you're not the dog eater, it's your neighbors!
                            Attached Files
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Don't get me wrong Phil, I know you're not the dog eater, it's your neighbors!
                              That's right. That's exactly what happened to the dog in my profile picture!

So what is a corn dog?

Philip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X