No announcement yet.

Beer suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to drink Leffe beer, is sold in the pubs near Waterloo. Better watch though as is quite strong...

http://www.leffe.com/en/doorpage?destination=node%2F277
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

15 of the strangest beer flavors in the world
      [PICS]
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Catman View Post
        DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TAKE UP SMOKING. It is a dirty habit and danged difficult to quit. Quitting was the hardest thing I've ever done, and I was a skinny kid who went through Airborne training. The first few days of no tobacco I wanted to kill someone, and it didn't matter who.

Besides, as expensive as the taxes are on cigarettes, you probably wouldn't want to anyway.
        I agree, 100%!

That said, how would SCHIP survive without smokers??? The poor children!
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
          I agree, 100%!

That said, how would SCHIP survive without smokers??? The poor children!
          I don't know! How convoluted our laws and public finances are!
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          — Groucho Marx

Comment

I used to brew my own beer so I have a preety good idea what I'm going to like. I generally like beers from regional breweries, a favorite is J.W. Dundeee's honey lager, one of the best beers for the price anywhere (sometimes as cheap as $8..99 a 12 pack). The big brewers have also started to make smaller batch varieties that have surprised me. One that I've bought several times is Michelob's wheat sampler, in a 12 pack it includes three each of; Shock Top Belgian White, Dunkel Weiss Dark Wheat Ale, Hop Hound Amber Wheat, and Ginger Wheat. Unlike many of these samplers that I've tried where I like one or two of the varieties, but hate the rest, I like all four of these varieties. At $13.99 a 12 pack its not too expensive, but has many characteristics of more expensive brands.
            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
              I used to brew my own beer so I have a preety good idea what I'm going to like. I generally like beers from regional breweries, a favorite is J.W. Dundeee's honey lager, one of the best beers for the price anywhere (sometimes as cheap as $8..99 a 12 pack). The big brewers have also started to make smaller batch varieties that have surprised me. One that I've bought several times is Michelob's wheat sampler, in a 12 pack it includes three each of; Shock Top Belgian White, Dunkel Weiss Dark Wheat Ale, Hop Hound Amber Wheat, and Ginger Wheat. Unlike many of these samplers that I've tried where I like one or two of the varieties, but hate the rest, I like all four of these varieties. At $13.99 a 12 pack its not too expensive, but has many characteristics of more expensive brands.
              What a wonderful World you live in Lance, a 12 pack for $13.99, 'All this and Heaven too'!! lcm1.
              'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
              " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                And take up smoking. It's something to do instead of drink at bars and slow social situations.
                No good over here mate, not allowed to smoke in any confined public place nowadays, such as Bars, eateries etc: Not that I smoke anymore, gave it away over 20 years ago! Stupid habit, how did that old song go?......"A fire on one end,a fool on the other"! lcm1.
                'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                  What a wonderful World you live in Lance, a 12 pack for $13.99, 'All this and Heaven too'!! lcm1.
                  That's for the small 12 oz/0.33 liters cans or bottles most likely.

I can get a Bavarian brew for about 7 Euro/ $US 9. That's a case of 20 half liters, choise of Pils, Export or Two different styles of wheat beers. That was one of the things that surprised me on the recent trip home, when we go out we can eat better and cheaper than here in Germany just don't order a beer with the meal. I paid $5 - $7 a glass.

Now to the OP.

Welcome into official adulthood.

IF your drinking to get drunk then stop drinking NOW!

IF you get drunk while drinking that is a bit of another story but either way you'll end up being sorry the next day.

As a long time drinker of beer from many countrys I offer you this as a general rule.

IF it's advertised on TV don't waste the time to even try it.

Bud, Millers, Coor's for get them and most things they brew.

For your area there are two breweries that I well recommend.

http://www.yuengling.com/beers.htm

This one might surprise you. Most things from Brooklyn are low class

http://www.brooklynbrewery.com/beer/

Take your time. This is one of the enjoyable things with beer. The Hunt! For that one beer. I've been hunting since the mid 60's and still haven't found the best beer but I imagine the next one just my be it.

Oh, one last thing. There is nothing that says you have to like beer or drink beer to be an adult.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Whichever kind of beer you decide to go with, just remember it should always be drunk at room temperature or warmer...never chilled!

Philip
                    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

My favourite tipple at present . Thoroughly recommended

http://www.wychwood.co.uk/beers.html
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobgobl...#Notable_Beers
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                        If you're drinking to get drunk, get used to getting sick.

I agree with Ben. Go with an IPA and sip it. Enjoy the flavors; don't chug it.

If you drink hard liquor, don't use sweet mixers. Develop a taste for whiskeys, tequilas, vodkas, etc. Sip them neat, chilled or on the rocks. Enjoy the drink more than the drinking.
                        Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Welcome into official adulthood.

IF your drinking to get drunk then stop drinking NOW!

IF you get drunk while drinking that is a bit of another story but either way you'll end up being sorry the next day.

As a long time drinker of beer from many countrys I offer you this as a general rule.

IF it's advertised on TV don't waste the time to even try it.

Bud, Millers, Coor's for get them and most things they brew.

For your area there are two breweries that I well recommend.

http://www.yuengling.com/beers.htm

This one might surprise you. Most things from Brooklyn are low class

http://www.brooklynbrewery.com/beer/

Take your time. This is one of the enjoyable things with beer. The Hunt! For that one beer. I've been hunting since the mid 60's and still haven't found the best beer but I imagine the next one just my be it.

Oh, one last thing. There is nothing that says you have to like beer or drink beer to be an adult.
                        I never get drunk on purpose, just had the unfortunate of drinking too much and across the board, tequilla to whiskey to vodka. Although it probably was a bad idea to start off with a Long Island Iced tea at the comedy club I went to with some friends earlier that night. Was a 2 drink minimum and should have went with a soda after
                        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X