Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Polish food. Is anyone besides me a fan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish food. Is anyone besides me a fan?

A couple days back, I had a bad hankering for some Polish Kieshka sausage, but my local grocer had run out. Damn, was I pissed off! I had this warm and fuzzy vision of a fine Polish breakfast of fresh fried eggs, kieshka and crisp, hash brown potatoes, along with toasted whole wheat bread and a flagon of black coffee, but to no avail. In any event, I settled on bacon and eggs, instead.

However, I made a list of some of the other Polish delicasies we regularly partake of and are easily obtainable. I came up with cabbage rolls aka. golumbki, potato stuffed dumplings aka. pierogi, plus chawneena, or duck blood soup, nalesniki or fruit stuffed crepes, Kapusta, or pork ribs with sauerkraut and of course, the usual smoked or fresh kielbassa with plenty of garlic.

What other Polish foods do you usually enjoy and make with your family?
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

You just listed a menu from my grandmother's house when I was growing up!

Time to hit the grocery store...
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Thats it. Polish cuisine at the first tailgate of the season. Ribs and sauerkraut. Talk about mixing two great comfort foods!

Thanks for the inspiration there JB!

Comment

Nothing in the world compares to Polish food IMHO. Fresh kielbasa FTW!!!

*mouth watering*
        "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
        --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

Yeah. On a warm summer's day in New York, dining at Odessa, and then spending the rest of the day dragging your ass: that's always been one of my favorite activities.

Come to think of it, even my grandmother's Christmas dinner would stick to my ribs rather uncomfortably. You need a fifth of vodka just to emulsify all the fat.

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
            A couple days back, I had a bad hankering for some Polish Kieshka sausage, but my local grocer had run out. Damn, was I pissed off! I had this warm and fuzzy vision of a fine Polish breakfast of fresh fried eggs, kieshka and crisp, hash brown potatoes, along with toasted whole wheat bread and a flagon of black coffee, but to no avail. In any event, I settled on bacon and eggs, instead.

However, I made a list of some of the other Polish delicasies we regularly partake of and are easily obtainable. I came up with cabbage rolls aka. golumbki, potato stuffed dumplings aka. pierogi, plus chawneena, or duck blood soup, nalesniki or fruit stuffed crepes, Kapusta, or pork ribs with sauerkraut and of course, the usual smoked or fresh kielbassa with plenty of garlic.

What other Polish foods do you usually enjoy and make with your family?
            Man Mr. JB that chow is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Yeah. On a warm summer's day in New York, dining at Odessa, and then spending the rest of the day dragging your ass: that's always been one of my favorite activities.

Come to think of it, even my grandmother's Christmas dinner would stick to my ribs rather uncomfortably. You need a fifth of vodka just to emulsify all the fat.

Polish Blackerry Brandy works really well too!

Comment

Originally posted by Pilsudski View Post

*mouth watering*

From another kitchen across the globe.

Who said the ancients didn't cross the oceans. Someone from Poland obviously brought a good idea to Mexico. Or vice versa. Either way.

Comment

*mouth watering*
                  Yup! Nothing like Polish "Soul Food.".

Comment

Tonight, I'm cooking Beef Stroganoff, which appeals to the Hungarian portion of my ethnic background..

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                      From another kitchen across the globe.

Who said the ancients didn't cross the oceans. Someone from Poland obviously brought a good idea to Mexico. Or vice versa. Either way.
                      You've got that right! Delicious, stick to your ribs food designed to sustain a hard working man after a long day in the fields, forrest, or factory.

Comment

*mouth watering*
                        Holy cow that looks good!

Comment

Ibis! damn! stop this nonsense immediately. there's not a good Polish house, for eats, with 200 miles of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
                            Ibis! damn! stop this nonsense immediately. there's not a good Polish house, for eats, with 200 miles of me.

Don't look at me. Its JB's thread.

Besides, if you're nice, I bet one of these kind posters will send you some recipes. You can make your house the local Polish food hotspot.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
                              I'm from a Ukrainian background myself, so if you haul your tired ass over here, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. If you catch me in a good mood, I might even whip up a little something myself -- but not 'til September! Otherwise, I'd be happy to travel west for some good Mex or Asian. Best Chinese I ever had was in San Francisco.
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Working...
                              X