Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish food. Is anyone besides me a fan?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Polish food. Is anyone besides me a fan?

    A couple days back, I had a bad hankering for some Polish Kieshka sausage, but my local grocer had run out. Damn, was I pissed off! I had this warm and fuzzy vision of a fine Polish breakfast of fresh fried eggs, kieshka and crisp, hash brown potatoes, along with toasted whole wheat bread and a flagon of black coffee, but to no avail. In any event, I settled on bacon and eggs, instead.

    However, I made a list of some of the other Polish delicasies we regularly partake of and are easily obtainable. I came up with cabbage rolls aka. golumbki, potato stuffed dumplings aka. pierogi, plus chawneena, or duck blood soup, nalesniki or fruit stuffed crepes, Kapusta, or pork ribs with sauerkraut and of course, the usual smoked or fresh kielbassa with plenty of garlic.

    What other Polish foods do you usually enjoy and make with your family?
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

  • #2
    You just listed a menu from my grandmother's house when I was growing up!

    Time to hit the grocery store...
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

    Comment


    • #3
      Thats it. Polish cuisine at the first tailgate of the season. Ribs and sauerkraut. Talk about mixing two great comfort foods!

      Thanks for the inspiration there JB!

      Comment


      • #4
        Nothing in the world compares to Polish food IMHO. Fresh kielbasa FTW!!!


        *mouth watering*
        "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
        --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah. On a warm summer's day in New York, dining at Odessa, and then spending the rest of the day dragging your ass: that's always been one of my favorite activities.

          Come to think of it, even my grandmother's Christmas dinner would stick to my ribs rather uncomfortably. You need a fifth of vodka just to emulsify all the fat.

          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
            A couple days back, I had a bad hankering for some Polish Kieshka sausage, but my local grocer had run out. Damn, was I pissed off! I had this warm and fuzzy vision of a fine Polish breakfast of fresh fried eggs, kieshka and crisp, hash brown potatoes, along with toasted whole wheat bread and a flagon of black coffee, but to no avail. In any event, I settled on bacon and eggs, instead.

            However, I made a list of some of the other Polish delicasies we regularly partake of and are easily obtainable. I came up with cabbage rolls aka. golumbki, potato stuffed dumplings aka. pierogi, plus chawneena, or duck blood soup, nalesniki or fruit stuffed crepes, Kapusta, or pork ribs with sauerkraut and of course, the usual smoked or fresh kielbassa with plenty of garlic.

            What other Polish foods do you usually enjoy and make with your family?
            Man Mr. JB that chow is fantastic.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Yeah. On a warm summer's day in New York, dining at Odessa, and then spending the rest of the day dragging your ass: that's always been one of my favorite activities.

              Come to think of it, even my grandmother's Christmas dinner would stick to my ribs rather uncomfortably. You need a fifth of vodka just to emulsify all the fat.

              Polish Blackerry Brandy works really well too!
              "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pilsudski View Post
                Nothing in the world compares to Polish food IMHO. Fresh kielbasa FTW!!!


                *mouth watering*


                From another kitchen across the globe.



                Who said the ancients didn't cross the oceans. Someone from Poland obviously brought a good idea to Mexico. Or vice versa. Either way.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Pilsudski View Post
                  Nothing in the world compares to Polish food IMHO. Fresh kielbasa FTW!!!


                  *mouth watering*
                  Yup! Nothing like Polish "Soul Food.".
                  "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Tonight, I'm cooking Beef Stroganoff, which appeals to the Hungarian portion of my ethnic background..
                    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                      From another kitchen across the globe.



                      Who said the ancients didn't cross the oceans. Someone from Poland obviously brought a good idea to Mexico. Or vice versa. Either way.
                      You've got that right! Delicious, stick to your ribs food designed to sustain a hard working man after a long day in the fields, forrest, or factory.
                      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pilsudski View Post
                        Nothing in the world compares to Polish food IMHO. Fresh kielbasa FTW!!!


                        *mouth watering*
                        Holy cow that looks good!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ibis! damn! stop this nonsense immediately. there's not a good Polish house, for eats, with 200 miles of me.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
                            Ibis! damn! stop this nonsense immediately. there's not a good Polish house, for eats, with 200 miles of me.

                            Don't look at me. Its JB's thread.

                            Besides, if you're nice, I bet one of these kind posters will send you some recipes. You can make your house the local Polish food hotspot.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
                              Ibis! damn! stop this nonsense immediately. there's not a good Polish house, for eats, with 200 miles of me.
                              I'm from a Ukrainian background myself, so if you haul your tired ass over here, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. If you catch me in a good mood, I might even whip up a little something myself -- but not 'til September! Otherwise, I'd be happy to travel west for some good Mex or Asian. Best Chinese I ever had was in San Francisco.
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X