Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Pleases or Displeases You in a Restaurant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroyer25
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
    I find that a bit ironic that the mall design is forcing people to exercise to reach their cheeseburger.
    Not really, there are stairs, escalators and an elevator going up and down from the food court. So there is a method of transportation for the regular people, the lazy people and the really lazy people.

Leave a comment:

• Lucky 6
    replied
    Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
    That's not really an issue for me. The food court at Sherway Gardens (A popular mall in Toronto), is on the 2nd flood, where there is only 1 store (An HMV I think). All the other stores are on the ground floor. So that's not really a problem for me.
    I find that a bit ironic that the mall design is forcing people to exercise to reach their cheeseburger.

Leave a comment:

• Destroyer25
    replied
    Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
    Something that displeases me in the food court of the mall, is mall walkers who for some non-obvious reason feel the need to make the food court part of their route, thereby requiring people in line to have to get out of their way or risk being run over, when these Olympic walker-wannabees could follow a circuit around the rest of the mall.
    That's not really an issue for me. The food court at Sherway Gardens (A popular mall in Toronto), is on the 2nd flood, where there is only 1 store (An HMV I think). All the other stores are on the ground floor. So that's not really a problem for me.

Leave a comment:

• lakechampainer
    replied
    Something that displeases me in the food court of the mall, is mall walkers who for some non-obvious reason feel the need to make the food court part of their route, thereby requiring people in line to have to get out of their way or risk being run over, when these Olympic walker-wannabees could follow a circuit around the rest of the mall.

Leave a comment:

• Lucky 6
    replied
    There's not much that gets me riled in a restaurant in regards to service or even the quality of the food, as I'm a pretty easy going guy. Cleanliness though, is an issue that will make or break the restaurant for me. I came their to relax for a bit, I don't really want to be worried about the dishes or cutlery I'm using.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by jctu82
    Even though food is really important in a restaurant, the atmosphere is at least 50% of the whole dining experience as well. I like restaurants that have good furniture and a good ambiance. It definitely adds a lot to the dining experience.
    I agree. Restaurants with good food are a dime a dozen. But a great atmosphere and a great staff are harder to come by.

Leave a comment:

• joea
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
    A chef with a band aid on his thumb, the same thumb he has in your potato soup.

And

A waiter picking his nose while serving you mushy peas.

Seriously the sort of thing cell phone still and video cameras were invented for...you should have contacted health inspectors or something.

Leave a comment:

• Roddoss72
    replied
    A chef with a band aid on his thumb, the same thumb he has in your potato soup.

And

A waiter picking his nose while serving you mushy peas.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Rojik View Post
    Apparently peeing in the middle of a restaurant is bad form too.
    Even in Australia????? Who would have thought that.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Castle Nut View Post
    The problem that occurrs with children in a restaraunt is that the staff usually has to be told to bring out the children's meals as soon as they are done. If mine have to wait until my meal comes out, they melt down. So I tell the waiter, to start the food now and bring it out when its done. Then my kids are busy eating the rest of the time.

Restaraunts have some big law that all the meals have to come out at the same time.
    That seems to be a problem of younger German parnets. My step son has the same problem. Teach your kids to behave and that they are not special in the world. They/you need to learn that they need to fit the world, not try to get the world to fit them.

My daughter who lives in the US and is of German-American birth does not have the problems with her two kids who are 3 and 5. The son here with a daughter of 7 still has a lot of problems with thier spoiled brat.

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Don'ts that the restaurant owns:
    1. Slow service
    2. Hovering waiters/waitresses

Don'ts that are worse:
    1. In upscale places, ill-mannered people, whether children or adults. If you don't know how to behave or can't put your ******* cellphone away while I'm eating you should get the hell out, or I should be allowed to shoot you without criminal penalty!

My of my heroes is the guy in Chicago who tosses the above out of his place, no warnings, no excuses and no questions asked! There is justice........at least once in a while!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Castle Nut
    replied
    The problem that occurrs with children in a restaraunt is that the staff usually has to be told to bring out the children's meals as soon as they are done. If mine have to wait until my meal comes out, they melt down. So I tell the waiter, to start the food now and bring it out when its done. Then my kids are busy eating the rest of the time.

Restaraunts have some big law that all the meals have to come out at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• MeenMutha
    replied
    Waiting with an empty beer glass for my useless waitron to refill it! What is so difficult about ensuring that my beer remains full? when there is a quarter of beer left, go place an order for another one and bring it to me when its still cold!

Hates:
    Cold food.
    A steak that is plastered with a sauce - keep it real and lay off the flipping stuff.
    Warm beer.
    Absence of smile - I am not your pain, and you are there to serve me, for which, if you do it well, I will tip you well. I see you as an employee of my family, so well be a good employee or I will fire you.
    Sticky tables and seats.
    Kiddies play area that is not outside in the rain away from the civilised people of the world.
    Waitron/manager that keeps bugging me and asking if everything is all right just after I have just put a forkful of food into my mouth - they do it on purpose to stop you complaining.
    Kids running around like mad things - go to that kiddies play area that is OUTSIDE and far removed from me.
    Parents who let their kids run around like mad things - join your kids in that play area.
    Doors that squeak, particularly the doors between the kitchen and restaurant, or the toilet doors.
    Dirty cloths used to clean my table.

Smiley happy people;
    Kids free area;
    Great steaks;
    frequent refills of my cold beer;
    Cleanliness and efficient service.

having said that, I feel sorry for anybody who waits tables - thankless job dealing with drunken men who never tire of a quick grope whilst the wife is busy dealing with a brat, rude angry people who suppress their anger generated at work or at home and take it out on the innocent waitron etc etc etc. Not in a million years would I do that job.

Also, i have never, and will never, send back my food.

Leave a comment:

• Rojik
    replied
    Originally posted by Castle Nut View Post
    I'm just glad smoking is gone in restaraunts. Europe is Slowly coming around.

"A smoking section in a restaraunt, is like a peeing section in a swimming pool."-Don't remember
    Apparently peeing in the middle of a restaurant is bad form too.

Leave a comment:

• Castle Nut
    replied
    I'm just glad smoking is gone in restaraunts. Europe is Slowly coming around.

"A smoking section in a restaraunt, is like a peeing section in a swimming pool."-Don't remember

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X