Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Pleases or Displeases You in a Restaurant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing which drives me mad is to wait for everything to have the menus, to order the meal, to be served and for the bill.

I hate pompous waiters who look down to you.

What I like is well presented and tasty dishes served by nice waiters
    à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Le probleme avec les cons, c'est qu'il ne se fatiguent jamais
    (The problem with Pr.cks, is that they never get tired ) Michel Audiard

Comment

What? Coming from a French man!
      I thought the French had the best cooks,the best restaurants and great waiters!

What I hate the most.
      When you order and some how you're order never made it to the kitchen....then you have to reorder and wiat another 30 minutes,while other patrons come after you,receive there meals.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
        What? Coming from a French man!
        I thought the French had the best cooks,the best restaurants and great waiters!

What I hate the most.
        When you order and some how you're order never made it to the kitchen....then you have to reorder and wiat another 30 minutes,while other patrons come after you,receive there meals.
        It's not only in cooking that we have a good reputation, unfortunately it's just one of the cliché people have about french which (sniff ) doesn't reflect reality. Anyway if you come to France, I will take to excellent restaurants with nice waiters and good food.
        à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Le probleme avec les cons, c'est qu'il ne se fatiguent jamais
        (The problem with Pr.cks, is that they never get tired ) Michel Audiard

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
          • toilets with no seats.
          • left over salsa that's reused.
          Dude...where you been eatin'?

Comment

Originally posted by skoblin View Post
            Due to the economic downturn, Slug had to relinquish his beloved Taco Bell in favor of El Pollo Loco..........
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Places that have hot waitresses who wear tight, clingy uniforms that show lots of cleavage.

Dislikes:

Places that don't have hot waitresses who wear tight, clingy uniforms that show lots of cleavage.

I'm easy to please.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                Places that have hot waitresses who wear tight, clingy uniforms that show lots of cleavage.

Dislikes:

Places that don't have hot waitresses who wear tight, clingy uniforms that show lots of cleavage.

I'm easy to please.
                You forgot dislikes for resturants that do not accept cash!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  You forgot dislikes for resturants that do not accept cash!
                  Just swipe the plastic...you know where I mean.

Comment

Toilets with no seats!
                    Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                    My thoughts exactly.

I dislike over-fussy waiters. For example, I don't put a napkin on my lap while eating since I learned to put food in my mouth (not on my legs) at a very young age. In an Indian restaurant, the waiter spread a napkin on my lap. When he went away, I removed it and put it on the table. He then came back and spread it on my lap again. This went on a couple of more times till I finally gave in and accepted the damn thing - much to the waiter's satisfaction!

Philip
                    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                      What are some things that tend to please or displease you in a restaurant?

Some things that please me is when I'm recognized as having been in before, in having the water glasses frequently filled, and having the waiter/waitress check if everything is OK right after the food is served, after you have had a chance to check.

Some things that displease me are servers who present a memorized spiel (I know that's what they have been told to do) and when food is going to be a while and they don't tell you.
                      Here in NC, you can't get unsweetened ice tea. Its on the menu, but they're not going to bring it to you.

Waiter/waitress-What would you like to drink with that?

Me-UNSWEET tea.

10 minutes later, he/she cheerfully puts a cold glass of sweetened tea.

10 seconds later....

Me-Excuse me sir/ma'am, but can I please get unsweet tea?

Waiter-Did I get you sweet?

Me-That's ok. (I'm really thinking "You idiot!")

Its enough to make a man hit the sauce!
                      http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...php?groupid=75

Comment

Originally posted by diddyriddick View Post
                        Here in NC, you can't get unsweetened ice tea. Its on the menu, but they're not going to bring it to you.

Me-UNSWEET tea.

10 seconds later....

When I was growing up in New York, the iced tea was always sweet. Then now in California it is always unsweetened. Adding sugar is a big pain because all the sugar always sink so fast to the bottom and with all the ice in the way, no amount of vigorous stirring seem able to combine the two separate layers of tea!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

I really dislike it when a serving person (previously known as a waiter or waitress) calls me "hon" or "dear" or anything in that category! I also dislike it when serving person greets with "What can I get you guys." I wonder if they are blind. I am easily distinguished as a member of the female persuasion! God was generous with my attributes! The list of overbearing servers, dirty dishes or table and all of those things goes on at length!
                          I like good food that is properly prepared and at the proper temperature. A smiling server that is pleasant to look at and listen to. A peaceful atmosphere and a full beverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                            When I was growing up in New York, the iced tea was always sweet. Then now in California it is always unsweetened. Adding sugar is a big pain because all the sugar always sink so fast to the bottom and with all the ice in the way, no amount of vigorous stirring seem able to combine the two separate layers of tea!
                            Sugar doesn't mix well with cold tea. But I still prefer it that way.
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by diddyriddick View Post

Me-UNSWEET tea.

10 seconds later....

Why are you ordering Iced Tea when you have the Cheerwine????????
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Poor service is my number one complaint, the next is being seated in a bigger party and seeing all the smaller parties being served their food even though I was seated way ahead of them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X