The Green Fairy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Fairy

Have any of you (esp. French colleagues??) tried drinking absinthe and is it true it causes severe brain damage and stuff like that.

Many countries have had long-standing bans on the sale of this liquor but most have been lifted in the 21st century.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

now you know why artists like van gogh, degas, painted the way they did... http://www.greendevil.com/absinthe_people.html

Comment

A new film out, Interesting! "The absinthe drinkers" Starring john hurt...
      http://www.absinthedrinkers.com/The_Movie/Home.html

Comment

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
        now you know why artists like van gogh, degas, painted the way they did... http://www.greendevil.com/absinthe_people.html
        But then, why is the product of an outcast and a depressive man who suffered from epileptic fits and bouts of psychotic attacks termed as - ART? - do the collectors actually have a drinking problem

Regards
        Kruska

Comment

got it one andy! Quote from jopson. "Absinthe is their drink of choice. It heightens their creativity, eases their misery, and makes them crazy"

Comment

got it one andy! Quote from jopson. "Absinthe is their drink of choice. It heightens their creativity, eases their misery, and makes them crazy"
            Snip, would it be a conspiracy theory then to asume that an influental power group (The black hand) has been handing out "Absinthe" to our politicians?

Regards
            Kruska

Comment

Politicians! Don't know about you! Andy, but we definately! need a drink, to stop us going crazy!!!

Comment

Politicians! Don't know about you! Andy, but we definately! need a drink, to stop us going crazy!!!
                my remedy for one of "those" days

Regards
                Kruska

Comment

Cheers! Down the hatch old bean...

Comment

I remember reading the reason that absinthe was outlawed in France, was because it was becoming the drink of choice and far too popular throughout the nation. French wine makers were beginning to suffer the effects of people preferring to drink the potent absinthe over their traditional wines and began lobbying their government to have the drink outlawed.
                    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

You can drink it slovakia.... while training in poland .. the Legion company (B/1st /508th PIR-173rd Airborne Brigade) had a "collective" absinthe experience that later involved cutting a wire fence and stealing Maj Gen Kamiya's personal flag.

It was the first of many " Wegion Kompanie youuu briiiiinnng great dishonor" speeches.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken,real Jagermeister has the Wormwood in it.I've tried absithne and basically just shrugged my shoulders.It's lightweight stuff.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                          If I'm not mistaken,real Jagermeister has the Wormwood in it.I've tried absithne and basically just shrugged my shoulders.It's lightweight stuff.
                          I thought Jaeger had some kind of opiate or sedative property.... the real stuff does give some real visual distortion, but I go the same effect swimming laps in a heavy chlorinated pool without goggles.

Comment

Me and 3 of my buddies bought and drank a bottle (the least alcoholic absinthe they had at the duty free, 75%) mainly in inspiration from the movie "Euro Trip", just for kicks, I'm not a big Annis fan.

It wasn't what we thought it'd be...

Comment

Captain Morgan is not real rum. Jaegermeister has no wormwood and the reason that most absinthe was depopularized was that it became physically addicting (i.e. more and more was needed to achievbe the original effect) That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Yesterday, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Yesterday, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Yesterday, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X